General Etiquette > Life...in general

The Awkward Guest

<< < (8/8)

Mikayla:

--- Quote from: snowdragon on February 06, 2013, 12:57:17 PM ---This girl is not awkward, she's a disaster.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: weeblewobble on February 06, 2013, 01:34:11 PM ---
Even if Nick is a super-awesome person and you're afraid of losing contact with him, it's not worth the costs.  He chose an awful partner in life and there are natural consequences to that. Maybe you and DH can finds ways to continue your friendship with Nick alone. 

--- End quote ---

Works for me.

If I was super close to Nick, I'd talk to him and find a way to say the bolded politely, because I'd feel I owed him that honesty.  He's chosen a tough path.

BeagleMommy:
Nick is in for a lifetime of apologizing for Nora's behavior once they marry.  The BF comment would have gotten her "If it bothers you that much, go to a different part of the house and stop watching".

I dislike the mother of one of DS's friends.  The woman is crazy with a capital "C" and a drama llama to the enth degree.  However, I would never dream of saying that in front of the young man.

LadyR:
Nora is a nice enough person, most of the time, but as I said she has no filter. We get along fine, but have very little in common and I can't imagine hanging out with her one on one. When we lived in Big City we used to go out with her and Nick for dinner a lot as Nick lived down the street from our favourite sushi place and I always enjoyed her company. I haven't seen her a lot in the four years since we've moved, maybe 3-4 times a year.

Dalek:
Wow! Terrible story. It's almost like Nora made a checklist of how to be a bad guest and followed it. The only thing missing was her not removing her shoes and tracking mud into your house.  ;)

weeblewobble:

--- Quote from: LadyR on February 07, 2013, 01:18:34 PM ---Nora is a nice enough person, most of the time, but as I said she has no filter. We get along fine, but have very little in common and I can't imagine hanging out with her one on one. When we lived in Big City we used to go out with her and Nick for dinner a lot as Nick lived down the street from our favourite sushi place and I always enjoyed her company. I haven't seen her a lot in the four years since we've moved, maybe 3-4 times a year.

--- End quote ---

In situations that suit her down to the last detail (favorite sushi place, very close to her home) she may be pleasant.  But it sounds like she's one of those people that can't deal with adversity in the slightest.  If this is how she deals with things that don't agree with her (transportation issues, interpersonal conflicts, breasts), I can't imagine spending time around her would be a lot of fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version