Author Topic: Passenger kicked off flight after demanding apology from fight attendant.  (Read 16186 times)

Hillia

Re: Passenger kicked off flight after demanding apology from fight attendant.
« Reply #165 on: February 12, 2013, 03:49:58 PM »
I think the Miss/Mrs./Ms. issue has been thoroughly beaten to death.  It's an opinion; what offends one person might not offend another, and its certainly not universally offensive in the US.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

cass2591

• Global Moderator
« Reply #166 on: February 12, 2013, 03:59:14 PM »
Anthera, repeating a personal opinion does not make it a univetsal truth.

What is "univetsal?"

You know perfectly well what she meant, and your hostility has worn out its welcome. The thread has been derailed enough, so stop the Miss Mrs Ms discussion.
There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.

DavidH

« Reply #167 on: February 12, 2013, 04:02:30 PM »
Let's just for a moment agree that calling her Miss is horribly rude and the doctor took great offense at it.  It might even be the reason that she refused to speak to the flight attendant without an apology since she didn't specify that the apology she wanted was for asking her whether her bag fit.  In that case, the problem is even larger.  Take for a moment an emergency and the flight attendant forgets herself and refers to the doctor again as "Miss".  The doctor ignores her and her husband is forced to step in again and explain that a further apology is needed before the doctor will listen to instructions.  Is that someone who belongs on a flight?

As a minor point, the link from merriam-webster takes me to MRS defined is as magnetic resonance spectroscopy, perhaps you meant to link to something else?

lowspark

« Reply #168 on: February 12, 2013, 04:28:10 PM »
I just want to stress that all we have is the passengers' side of the story. So what was actually said in terms of specific wording, and more importantly, the tone of the conversation, is really not 100% known. And again, I assume that the passengers are trying to make themselves look good so we are getting their version of the story in such a way as to make them look "in the right" even though many of us feel that they failed to do so.

And I said this before but I feel compelled to say it again. There must be some kind of procedure for removing a passenger from a plane that goes beyond the FA just making a snap decision on her own. It's got to be more than the FA being in a bad mood and taking it out on the first passenger to make a comment that strikes her the wrong way.

Something the passenger said or did was provocative enough for the FA to take it to the next level and whatever that something was may not be readily apparent from the passengers' stories.

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #169 on: February 12, 2013, 04:29:34 PM »
I used to be a nervous nut about flying and I ALWAYS sit by the emergency exit - I know how to open the doors & windows, we will all be getting out if I am by the door! 

The poor FA that had to deal with me on one flight got my eternal gratitude and support after I sat on the row behind the emergency exit on a flight the week after 9/11. 

Passenger in seat one was handicapped and boarded in a wheelchair.  Passenger two was holding an infant (she is not going to be able to operate the door handle and let us all out) and she was relocated.  The man she exchanged seats with did not speak English (I questioned the FA about this bless her heart) and then I was relocated to seat two.  Of course we did not have to use the emergency exit - but I want to know that someone on that row is capable!

And knowing that the person on the emergency exit row understands the language is critical.