Author Topic: S/O brain hurts and funny kids....Exchanges with adults that make you laugh  (Read 344 times)

mmswm

I searched and couldn't find a thread to share funny exchanges between adults, so if there's already one, please feel free to combine this with an existing thread.  I've had a few amusing exchanges the last few days and wanted to share.

Exchange 1

I was driving and pulled over because the kids in the back seat had gotten on my last nerve with the "he's touching me/she's pushing me" complaints.  It's a small car.  They're going to make contact with each other.  There's no way to avoid it.  After fussing at them, I warned them that if they complained about it again, I was going to make them do 5 push ups/sit ups per complaint when we got home.  About a minute later, my mother's phone alerts her to a voicemail.  She listens to it and it's her friend saying only "But I don't want to do push ups!"  Apparently my mother butt-dialed her friend during while I was fussing at the kids.  Oooops.

(And, for the record, I didn't hear a peep out of the kids for the rest of the drive home)

Exchange 2

(note: there are two dozen eggs in the fridge at the time of the conversation)

Me: If I want to make deviled eggs, how many eggs should I make?
Dad:  Deviled eggs?  There aren't enough eggs!  Call your mom and tell her to buy eggs!  We need more eggs!

Yup, deviled eggs are quite popular around here.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)