Author Topic: S/O brain hurts and funny kids....Exchanges with adults that make you laugh  (Read 305 times)

mmswm

I searched and couldn't find a thread to share funny exchanges between adults, so if there's already one, please feel free to combine this with an existing thread.  I've had a few amusing exchanges the last few days and wanted to share.

Exchange 1

I was driving and pulled over because the kids in the back seat had gotten on my last nerve with the "he's touching me/she's pushing me" complaints.  It's a small car.  They're going to make contact with each other.  There's no way to avoid it.  After fussing at them, I warned them that if they complained about it again, I was going to make them do 5 push ups/sit ups per complaint when we got home.  About a minute later, my mother's phone alerts her to a voicemail.  She listens to it and it's her friend saying only "But I don't want to do push ups!"  Apparently my mother butt-dialed her friend during while I was fussing at the kids.  Oooops.

(And, for the record, I didn't hear a peep out of the kids for the rest of the drive home)

Exchange 2

(note: there are two dozen eggs in the fridge at the time of the conversation)

Me: If I want to make deviled eggs, how many eggs should I make?
Dad:  Deviled eggs?  There aren't enough eggs!  Call your mom and tell her to buy eggs!  We need more eggs!

Yup, deviled eggs are quite popular around here.