Author Topic: Guess what February is!  (Read 889 times)

DottyG

• Super Hero!
Guess what February is!
« on: January 31, 2013, 08:59:20 PM »
I posted this in the applicable thread, but I know we have some newer EHellions that may not be aware of this folder or that we do this throughout the year.  So I wanted to do a post here just to highlight it and make sure that the word gets out there for the upcoming (exciting!) month.

HEY EVERYONE!  Guess what month we're about to get into!

It's time for our ANNUAL EHELL BLOOD DONATION DRIVE!  We always designate February as our month to get out there and do a real great push for the blood donation cause.

I cannot stress this enough - it is SUPER, SUPER, SUPER IMPORTANT.  You do NOT have to actually donate blood in order to participate in this annual drive.  We need donors, of course.  BUT, we also need people to just get the word out there that donating is important.  This means that you could do a tremendous amount of good by posting something on your FB page, taking some goodies by your local donation site, telling a friend about what donating is all about, or even just educating yourself a little bit more about the donation process and what's involved.  Even playing the game* on the first page of this thread is a way of participating - and we want to know that you've done it, so let us get you on our tally!

LET'S MAKE THIS THE BEST EHELL BLOOD DRIVE WE'VE EVER HAD!!!

* Editing to note that the game is in the Donation thread.  Check it out!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 09:08:06 PM by DottyG »

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
Re: Guess what February is!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 12:01:55 PM »
I'll be donating Valentine's Day!
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 01:01:55 PM »
YEA Winterlight!!!

I was kinda thinking I might do it that day, too*!  Seems kinda appropriate. :)

* Assuming my dang iron levels cooperate for a change, dang it.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 04:56:16 PM »
Hey everyone!  Look at the top of the main forum screen!  We got our annual banner up there noting that it's Donation Month here at EHell. :)  THANKS TICIA!!!

We still have time for people to do whatever they can - and that's donation AND not donating!

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 10:35:55 PM »
We're a little over halfway through the month! Bumping this up!

Has anyone posted something on FB recently about donations? Or mentioned it in a conversation with someone? What about pointing the way to the Mobile Blood Donation van to someone at work who didn't know where it was parked? Seriously! It's that easy to participate! No needles or pain involved! It can be as simple as just mentioning what blood donation is to a friend. Easy peasy! :)

Lets get our numbers up and beat last year's totals.

There are categories in the thread for everything from donating to putting something on FB to taking goodies to one of the donation sites.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 09:31:39 AM »
I tried and my iron was too low, but I did post on Facebook.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls