General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

Poor Etiquette to Call if I Really Want the Job?

(1/3) > >>

travestine:
On Friday the 1st, I went for an interview for a job I really want - best store of the type I specialize in in the area, pay is a 1/3 higher per hour, plus commission, very highly respected. I was immediately asked for a second interview, which I had the next day. It's now a week later and I haven't heard a word.

Should I call, thank them for the interviews and ask when they will be making their decision? Or should I assume I didn't get the job? It's driving me nuts!

onyonryngs:
Have you sent a thank you email to the interviewer?  You can follow up that way and they might respond back.

Margo:
I don't think it would be poor etiquette. I think a week is a reasonable time to follow up, ask whether a decision has been made.

Worst case scenario, if they tell you you didn't get it, you can ask them if they will keep your details in case a further job comes up.

As an employer, I would see a follow up call a week after the interview as a positive thing (unless you'd already specifically been told a later time for when the choice  would be made.

Good luck!

travestine:
I think my mistake was not asking when they plan to make their decision. That way, I would have known whether they were in a hurry to fill the position.

I don't have an e-mail address (they contacted me by phone), so I don't want to see stalkerish by looking one up. I do have to go out today, so I could pass by and drop off a (rather late) thank you card. Hopefully, that will get a response.

Mrs. Tilney:

--- Quote from: travestine on February 08, 2013, 02:33:53 PM ---I don't have an e-mail address (they contacted me by phone), so I don't want to see stalkerish by looking one up. I do have to go out today, so I could pass by and drop off a (rather late) thank you card. Hopefully, that will get a response.

--- End quote ---

Dropping off the thank-you card  sounds like a good plan, but finding an email address wouldn't appear stalkerish. In general, people doing the hiring expect interviewees to have done some research into the company, and discovering email addresses on the website seems perfectly normal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version