Etiquette School is in session! > "What an interesting assumption."

It has been decided. We're coming to your house.

<< < (2/7) > >>

Lynn2000:
Any chance you just might not be home that night when they come by? I would warn them first, since you know the date and time, but what would be the fallout from that? (Really asking, because I'm a little confused about who's going where.)

Coley:

--- Quote from: Lynn2000 on February 08, 2013, 04:40:27 PM ---Any chance you just might not be home that night when they come by? I would warn them first, since you know the date and time, but what would be the fallout from that? (Really asking, because I'm a little confused about who's going where.)

--- End quote ---

DH asked the same question. What if we weren't planning on being home?

If we weren't home, they would be able to meet in our driveway so that my mother could take my brother's kids in his van. DS would be the question mark. I'm not quite clear on why my mother must drive my brother's van. It might have been easier for my brother to drive his kids to the concert hall and meet my mother there. That would negate the need for a vehicle switch.

JenJay:

--- Quote from: Coley on February 08, 2013, 05:02:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: Lynn2000 on February 08, 2013, 04:40:27 PM ---Any chance you just might not be home that night when they come by? I would warn them first, since you know the date and time, but what would be the fallout from that? (Really asking, because I'm a little confused about who's going where.)

--- End quote ---

If we weren't home, they would be able to meet in our driveway so that my mother could take my brother's kids in his van. DS would be the question mark. I'm not quite clear on why my mother must drive my brother's van. It might have been easier for my brother to drive his kids to the concert hall and meet my mother there. That would negate the need for a vehicle switch.

--- End quote ---

Possibly their line of thinking was "We'll both pull into Coley's driveway, she'll bring out her DS and put him in the van, I'll (your mom) hop in the van and take off while you (brother) go inside and visit. Easy!"

It's a great plan and probably the easiest if someone is home and expecting his visit. It does seems strange that your brother would drive all the way to your home when, previously, he'd met your mom halfway or dropped the kids off at her house and waited there (or gone home or whatever he does). It makes it seem like he really wants to visit with you, which is sweet, except you'd think he maybe would have worked that out with you.  :P

Coley:

--- Quote from: JenJay on February 08, 2013, 05:08:37 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Possibly their line of thinking was "We'll both pull into Coley's driveway, she'll bring out her DS and put him in the van, I'll (your mom) hop in the van and take off while you (brother) go inside and visit. Easy!"

It's a great plan and probably the easiest if someone is home and expecting his visit. It does seems strange that your brother would drive all the way to your home when, previously, he'd met your mom halfway or dropped the kids off at her house and waited there (or gone home or whatever he does). It makes it seem like he really wants to visit with you, which is sweet, except you'd think he maybe would have worked that out with you.  :P

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I suppose "easiest" could be debatable. The bolded: That's another odd question mark. On Christmas Day, my brother was supposed to come here with his kids. My mother was here. We were planning on them, and I had food prepared for all of them -- five people. We didn't find out that he'd changed his plans until my mother arrived. He decided he was going to drive directly to her house later in the day. So now we wonder if we make plans with him for that evening, will he follow through?

Kaypeep:

--- Quote from: Coley on February 08, 2013, 05:20:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: JenJay on February 08, 2013, 05:08:37 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I suppose "easiest" could be debatable. The bolded: That's another odd question mark. On Christmas Day, my brother was supposed to come here with his kids. My mother was here. We were planning on them, and I had food prepared for all of them -- five people. We didn't find out that he'd changed his plans until my mother arrived. He decided he was going to drive directly to her house later in the day. So now we wonder if we make plans with him for that evening, will he follow through?

--- End quote ---

Don't make any plans with him.  Do what you were going to do before.  After your son leaves, do what you want.  Tell brother he's welcome to watch TV and order a pizza until mom comes back with his van.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version