Author Topic: Returning hand-me-downs or thrift scores. Update Pg. 3  (Read 7226 times)

LadyJaneinMD

Re: Returning hand-me-downs or thrift scores. Update Pg. 3
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2013, 01:02:58 PM »
Well, for what it's worth, anything that came from my mother with the statement 'It's too big for me, but since you've gotten so fat, it'll probably fit you', will never ever be worn by me at all, even if it's my size, my color, my style, and something I've been dreaming about for my whole life.
That alone is enough to make me turn away or throw out anything that was ever given to me.

The cats have spoken.  Cat Bed.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2013, 05:39:05 PM »
Well, for what it's worth, anything that came from my mother with the statement 'It's too big for me, but since you've gotten so fat, it'll probably fit you', will never ever be worn by me at all, even if it's my size, my color, my style, and something I've been dreaming about for my whole life.
That alone is enough to make me turn away or throw out anything that was ever given to me.

The cats have spoken.  Cat Bed.

Unless they decide to stick a dead mouse in it for later....or a hairball....or something stinky....

Cats do let their opinions be known, after all.

And they are all GODS of the Know It All - but they aren't telling anyone.  Because they don't want to....besides, we might be so gobsmacked that we forget how to use the can opener for the gooshy food.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Jaelle

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2013, 08:55:21 PM »
For the record, what is "creating any drama" if not an epic freakout?

Good for the cats.
“She was already learning that if you ignore the rules people will, half the time, quietly rewrite them so that they don't apply to you.”
― Terry Pratchett, Equal Rites

Miss Tickle

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2013, 11:03:18 PM »
For the record, what is "creating any drama" if not an epic freakout?

Good for the cats.

You have a point. Or two.  :) I've relined the big cat basket with the Thing and the cats are quite happy so all's well that ends well.