Author Topic: Late Again for the final time  (Read 10531 times)

Katana_Geldar

Re: Late Again for the final time
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2013, 01:43:19 AM »
There's a difference between being blindsided and being too nice and forgiving.

JoieGirl7

• Super Hero!
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2013, 02:58:34 AM »

Ultimately, she wasn't "too nice" or forgiving was she?

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2013, 03:26:09 AM »

Ultimately, she wasn't "too nice" or forgiving was she?

Why do you feel the need to go on about this? The OP knows she was rude - you even wrote that yourself:

Even the OP acknowledges that she was rude!

So what are you hoping to achieve?

ETA: In other words, what TamJamB said. She phrased it better.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 07:36:44 AM by MariaE »

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

TamJamB

« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2013, 07:15:26 AM »
Nobody's perfect. Especially when it comes to etiquette. We all fall short sometimes and anger or irritation don't excuse rudeness. That's a fact.

And this is an etiquette board, so rudeness does need to be a knowledged, even when it is mitigated by circumstance. The OP did do this. She has never tried to say that losing her temper with her impossible former friend was the polite thing to do.

So why keep bringing it up, Audrey Quest?  You admit yourself that the OP acknowledged her own rudeness. This is starting to look like a one person dogpile on the OP. Which is kinda rude.

Roe

• Super Hero!
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2013, 09:39:05 AM »
Nobody's perfect. Especially when it comes to etiquette. We all fall short sometimes and anger or irritation don't excuse rudeness. That's a fact.

And this is an etiquette board, so rudeness does need to be a knowledged, even when it is mitigated by circumstance. The OP did do this. She has never tried to say that losing her temper with her impossible former friend was the polite thing to do.

So why keep bringing it up, Audrey Quest?  You admit yourself that the OP acknowledged her own rudeness. This is starting to look like a one person dogpile on the OP. Which is kinda rude.

It's always funny to me how it's rude to point out rudeness and yet some go on and on about it and don't think it's rude.  Yes, I get it, this is an etiquette board and that's why we are here to answer the "who was rude" question.  But still, once someone acknowledges they were also in the wrong, isn't it rude to go on and on about it? 

Virg

• Super Hero!
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2013, 09:50:46 AM »
Roe wrote:

"It's always funny to me how it's rude to point out rudeness and yet some go on and on about it and don't think it's rude."

The flip side to this is that each of Audrey Quest's responses followed someone who functionally said that because the OP was justifiably angry, that her action wasn't in fact rude.  More than one poster stated exactly that.  She has to keep restating her point because different posters keep refuting it.  Therefore it's unfair to make it seem like she's harping on it needlessly.

Virg

BabyMama

• Jamberry Nail Wraps
« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2013, 01:14:48 PM »
Sigh. I'm really disliking this current trend of not holding people accountable for their actions. I had a coworker who was eight (yes, eight) months late with a deadlined item that was (especially at that point) time sensitive. I politely asked her for months when I could be expecting it, and was met with flippant "you'll have it soon" replies. For months. Finally, after she sent me another "Can't have it to you today, sorry, hope that's OK!" I replied, "No, it's not OK. You promised you'd have it to me 8 months ago. I really do need it soon, please have it to me by the end of the month." Exactly like that only with slightly different wording. No caps, no swearing, just stating the fact that she was late and that was, in turn, making me late.

For months after I heard multiple times from several managers how mean and unprofessional I had been to send her that in an e-mail. Nevermind the unprofessionalism she showed me by blowing me off for 3/4 of a year, or how "mean" she was being to me by putting me behind deadline.

Just finished another project like that too. The outside people we hired did an awful job. I left several comments stating "See attached source image" and the like. No, too mean. I should use "please" and "thank you" and be more detailed (regardless of the hours of my time I wasted finding detailed source images for them to just ignore.) I was told we wanted to foster their good relations for any future projects. Why?? Why would we hire them again? They did a garbage job. They should be let known that they did a garbage job. I'm not saying we should write "THIS IS CRAP" all over in red pen, but why we can't let someone know something is unacceptable is a mystery to me.
Ask me about Jamberry Nail Wraps!

Wordgeek

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2013, 01:19:30 PM »
The sniping back and forth is not productive.

Unless you have something new, courteous and constructive to add to the conversation, don't post.

Edited because sniff and sniping are not the same.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 09:05:44 PM by Wordgeek »

bopper

• Super Hero!
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2013, 03:19:43 PM »
Maya Angelou (supposedly) said:
“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”

She has shown you that she has no regard for time.
You didn't believe her the first time. Now you do.

Now you have two choices:
1) Don't be her friend because you like to do things with friends that include time sensitive activities
2) Be her friend and only do non time sensitive activities

Neither of these are the wrong choice. It all depends on you, OP.

Just like you might have a loud friend who can't be quiet during movies.
You can either stop being her friend, or only do outdoor activities with her.