General Etiquette > Techno-quette

Ugh! Begging for a Dream.

(1/5) > >>

iggylove:
I played basketball for several years with "Lenny".  He has a 20-something daughter "Lennita", whom I have met a couple of times when she subbed for the team.  On January 23rd, I received an email link to Indegogo (a fundraising site) with the following intro:

"Recording an album has been my dream for as long as I can remember and this year is the year I finally go for it."  She then encourages everyone to go to the site, and to share with everyone we know "and bully them into donating too!"  Ugh.  I hit delete and forgot about it.

Then, on January 31st, I received a helpful reminder from Lennita to make her dreams come true. "And to the people who have already donated that are getting this email, yes, I do like you more than everyone else."  Delete.

This morning, I got an email from her father, Lenny with "a gentle reminder to some of you" to support her cause.

Again, Lennita is in her mid-20s, a college graduate, and able bodied.  Who does this?!  And at what point can I reply with a request to unsubscribe?

WillyNilly:
Wow, how obnoxious.

I think if you are comfortable asking to be removed from the list, I say its been more then ample time to do so.
This is her hobby, and she can fund it just like everyone else funds their won hobbys.  And really its not all that expensive even.

bonyk:
"I'm sorry I am not able to financially contribute to your dream, because I am currently funding my own dream to be a self-supporting grown-up.  However, I have often wondered what Tahiti is like.  I'll shoot you an email when my donation site is up.  Talk to you soon!"

>:D

CakeBeret:
Would it be wrong to set up a donation site for a luxury vacation and then spam her (and only her!) with incessant requests to donate?

Okay, yes, it would.

Realistically...I would reply to her and say something to the effect of "How exciting for you! I'm unable to donate, so please take me off your email list. However, I wish you the best and I hope you succeed!"

gramma dishes:

--- Quote from: iggylove on February 08, 2013, 08:05:01 PM ---...   This morning, I got an email from her father, Lenny with "a gentle reminder to some of you" to support her cause.   ...

...   And at what point can I reply with a request to unsubscribe?

--- End quote ---

The point has arrived.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version