Etiquette School is in session! > "Why would I want to do that?"

Why yes I'll help you buy a new car!

<< < (2/2)

Bottlecaps:
Wow. Here me and my boyfriend are, waiting patiently until we get our tax money so we can get a used car, when we could just be on the Internet begging our friends/family/total strangers to fund a brand new one for us. Why in the world didn't we even think of that? Oh yeah, because it's called working hard for what we have, want, or need, and not expecting it to just be handed over to us. *Sigh* The entitlement mentality makes me ashamed of my generation.  :-[

Sharnita:
I kind of have mixed feelings.  Couldn't we say that of anything - china, towels, duvet, flatwear - that people should just save up and buy their own instead of registering so other people can buy it?  Not that I particularly like the car registry idea but  there are plenty of people who never get to register for household items because they don't get married - I'd not convinced that makes the people who do register rude.

Roe:

--- Quote from: Sharnita on February 09, 2013, 08:00:14 PM ---I kind of have mixed feelings.  Couldn't we say that of anything - china, towels, duvet, flatwear - that people should just save up and buy their own instead of registering so other people can buy it?  Not that I particularly like the car registry idea but  there are plenty of people who never get to register for household items because they don't get married - I'd not convinced that makes the people who do register rude.

--- End quote ---

I'm sorta leaning this way.  I think it's crazy to ask total strangers for a new car but if I'm paying for $200 china for a friend's wedding, I wouldn't mind putting that money towards a car, if that's what they prefer.  Either way, it's still $200.   The fact that it's towards a car wouldn't cost me anymore than I'm already willing to give.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version