Author Topic: Site taking out the spaces.  (Read 889 times)

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
Site taking out the spaces.
« on: February 09, 2013, 12:07:03 PM »
I leave a space to break up my post if a bit long.  But I noticed when I hit post, the "site" takes out all the space and pushes my post together.  I hate to have to go back in and edit each time.  Is this a glitch or perhaps a button I clicked on accidentally?

sparksals

• Super Hero!
Re: Site taking out the spaces.
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 01:15:33 PM »
Very strange. 

I just hit enter and mine posted just fine.  I wonder if you changed the settings somewhere?

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 01:17:32 PM »
Ahhhh... did you by chance accidentally click 'remove formatting'?  It is the button second from the last on the posting page where all the different functions are. 

I am going to see if this changes the formatting.  I hit enter above to give  a paragraph break.  Let's see what happens.

ETA:  Nope, that didn't work.  Sorry.  Don't know what it could be unless it is a setting on your computer?

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 02:06:18 PM »
Ahhhh... did you by chance accidentally click 'remove formatting'?  It is the button second from the last on the posting page where all the different functions are. 

I am going to see if this changes the formatting.  I hit enter above to give  a paragraph break.  Let's see what happens.

ETA:  Nope, that didn't work.  Sorry.  Don't know what it could be unless it is a setting on your computer?

Testing again.
Left space up there.
Left another space up there.

Nope it bunched them together as I posted.  Very frustrating oh well, maybe the universe is telling me you don't need to space after every sentence no matter HOW much I want to. lol

Tea Drinker

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 08:51:40 AM »
Testing some more.  Let's see.  Two spaces between sentences, same line.
New line (created by hitting the "return" key). One space between sentences on this line.
Again, with &br> tag to follow.
 And again, same tag.

One more, with two line breaks.

OK, that's pretty clear. One line break, runs the paragraphs together. Two line breaks, leaves a blank line between paragraphs. A line break plus a &br> tag leaves two blank lines. (I'm not sure where the intentation came from.)

I have real work to do; this is cat-vacuuming, but maybe it's amusing if not helpful.
Any advice that requires the use of a time machine may safely be ignored.

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 10:28:15 AM »
Let's see, double spacing now by hitting the return key twice instead of once.

Will see if this works.

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 10:29:06 AM »
So I just have to get used to hitting the return key twice instead of once.  Sigh. lol

sparksals

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 11:02:21 AM »
That is very strange.   I just have to space once.