Poll

What are your favorite condiments? (choose 2)

Ketchup
28 (16.4%)
Mustard (any type)
39 (22.8%)
Mayonnaise
29 (17%)
Salsa
22 (12.9%)
Horseradish
16 (9.4%)
Steak sauce
4 (2.3%)
Other
33 (19.3%)

Total Members Voted: 103

Voting closed: February 13, 2013, 05:01:07 PM

Author Topic: Your favorite condiment(s)  (Read 3076 times)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: Your favorite condiment(s)
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2013, 12:57:09 AM »
I love real mayonaise and ketchup.  Can't stand mustard or horseradish....yet I like Sriracha and red chili paste

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2013, 02:46:26 AM »
I voted for other, because I just LOVE Arby's Horsey Sauce myself!

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2013, 02:50:50 AM »
Oooo, I forgot Miracle Whip. Mayo makes me incredibly, violently ill. I'm not sure if it is a real reaction or psychological, but I avoid it just the same.
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

123sandy

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2013, 06:53:53 AM »
English mustard
HP sauce

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2013, 08:59:48 AM »
Mustard, any kind but basic yellow. at any given time i have 3-4 kinds in my fridge.

i also third the Tabasco chipotle, and i love blue cheese dressing. esp on fries.

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2013, 09:41:39 AM »
Mustard, any kind but basic yellow. at any given time i have 3-4 kinds in my fridge.

i also third the Tabasco chipotle, and i love blue cheese dressing. esp on fries.

I don't like the 'basic yellow' mustard, either.  But little kids love it.  When my nephew was very young he used to drown everything in ketchup, and his favorite sandwich was bologna with yellow mustard.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 10:35:40 AM by oceanus »

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2013, 10:28:01 AM »
I voted horseradish because, in our house, mashed potatoes aren't complete without a good dollop of the stuff. Gold's is all right but we used to get something called 'Russki Kren' that was a sure-fire sinus clearer.   

I also love mustard but it has to be brown.  In the great culinary museum of my mind there is a hot and sweet mustard called honey cup that we haven't been able to find in years. The thing was sweet but had a really sharp aftertaste. 

Mr. Thipu will not eat an egg sandwich without chipotle Tabasco. 

Both of us are enamored of Bermudan sherry peppers.  On our last visit to Hamilton we brought back a 750 ml. Bottle oftheir stuff.  It was our major souvenir of the trip. 

If the truth be told, with the exception of Miracle Whip, I've never met a condiment I didn't like. 

Slightly OT :  On a ship there was a variation of 'Married Game'.  Couples were asked to answer questions about habits and preferences of each other.  One question was, 'What's your favorite
condiment?'.

The moderator had a rather plummy British accent and one contestant heard 'condiment' as 'candy mint'.  His answer to the question was 'Certs'. 

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2013, 02:01:58 PM »
I voted Mayo (Helmann's ;)) and Ketchup simply because those are the ones I use most often.

In fact, mixing mayo and ketchup (with some spices) is my favorite salad dressing.

If I could have voted for a third, it would have been horseradish. But horseradish doesn't really work to well on a salad. ::)

Thipu1 -- I'll have to remember to put horseradish in my mashed potatoes next time, sounds yummy! Although, whenever I serve mashed potatoes it's with a meat that goes well with horseradish, so the horseradish is always on the side anyway. ;D

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2013, 03:17:14 PM »
I voted horseradish because, in our house, mashed potatoes aren't complete without a good dollop of the stuff. Gold's is all right but we used to get something called 'Russki Kren' that was a sure-fire sinus clearer.   

Oh that's sound fabulous!!!! I use Gold's too, but that other one sounds much better

I also love mustard but it has to be brown.  In the great culinary museum of my mind there is a hot and sweet mustard called honey cup that we haven't been able to find in years. The thing was sweet but had a really sharp aftertaste. 
I found it on Amazon, if its the same thing.  http://www.amazon.com/Honeycup-Uniquely-Sharp-Mustard/dp/B0005YMK68/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1360613816&sr=8-1&keywords=honeycup+uniquely+sharp+mustard

Mr. Thipu will not eat an egg sandwich without chipotle Tabasco. 
That makes two of us!  I also like it on my mac and cheese

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2013, 03:25:21 PM »
Thipu1 -- I'll have to remember to put horseradish in my mashed potatoes next time, sounds yummy!

I've never tried this, but it sounds interesting.

Also, several people mentioned Sriracha.  I don't think I've had it - can I get a regular grocery stores?  .........Anyone?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 03:28:28 PM by oceanus »

cheyne

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2013, 03:39:28 PM »
HOT sauce.  Any kind as long as it's hot.  I like trying different types as there are so many interesting flavors.

I love horseradish and mustard of all types.  Wasabi, oh my mouth's watering now.

Does anyone know what McD's uses for their tartar sauce?  I adore their filet-o-fish due to the sauce but I can't figure out what they use.

angilamae

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2013, 05:47:46 PM »
I voted mustard and horseradish but its actually mustard (yellow incuded.  I like yellow better than dijon actually)  and almost any kind of sauce.  I'm a sauce fiend.  Someone mentioned horsey sauce and tamarind.  Both are so yum.

Siracha can be found in any store around here.  Some people call it rooster sauce (because there is a rooster on it).  I think its in the asian section but i got mine at an asian mart so I'm not sure in a regular store.
I can resist everything except temptation-Oscar Wilde

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2013, 06:03:24 PM »
Worcestershire sauce.

magicdomino

« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2013, 06:06:05 PM »
Sriracha is indeed in the Asian part of the international section, near the soy sauces, hoisin sauces, etc.

I checked mayo and ketchup, but come to think of it, soy sauce gets used on a lot of stuff in my house.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2013, 06:07:28 PM »
Thipu1 -- I'll have to remember to put horseradish in my mashed potatoes next time, sounds yummy!

I've never tried this, but it sounds interesting.

Also, several people mentioned Sriracha.  I don't think I've had it - can I get a regular grocery stores?  .........Anyone?

Yes you can get it in a regular grocery store.  just look in the ethnic section.  Its bright red with a green top