General Etiquette > Life...in general

Oh no no no no no no!

<< < (2/9) > >>

MrsVandy:
Wow this seems like a new gimme low. I understand people wanting a new car and such but if really feels wrong to register for one. But then again I never did want to register and only did one since my MIL wouldn't take 'no thanks' as an answer.

Danika:
Wow.  :o

Well, at least a Dodge Dart is a practical car.

I want to register for a Ferrari!!!! And when I only get 0.001% of the total cost put into my registry, do you suppose the car manufacturer will let me get it back in cash? Probably not. I'll probably have to pony up the other several hundred thousand dollars and buy the car.

Amava:
Oh thanks, very timely! My old car is falling apart.  ;)

I'm already married but do you think I could do this for a vow renewal or something?
Orrrrr. My 40th birthday is soon. Well, not soon. It's more like in Autumn. But hey, 40 IS a milestone. So maybe I should start celebrating early...

>:D >:D >:D

Hey, here's an idea. I'm going to look for a second-hand car that I can afford instead. Call me crazy.  :P

CluelessBride:

--- Quote from: Danika on February 11, 2013, 01:37:28 AM ---Wow.  :o

Well, at least a Dodge Dart is a practical car.

I want to register for a Ferrari!!!! And when I only get 0.001% of the total cost put into my registry, do you suppose the car manufacturer will let me get it back in cash? Probably not. I'll probably have to pony up the other several hundred thousand dollars and buy the car.

--- End quote ---

Actually they do give you the cash. Well, at least the Dodge Dart registry does. In fact, even if you raise 100%, what you really get is a check. Less a 5% commission fee and a 4% payment processing fee, of course.

I'd rather just give cash than 91% of the cash I have to give.

Momiitz:
I checked out that website. It looks like people are registering and begging strangers for a new car. I did not see any wedding couples.  The most I saw someone get was $30. You can get a good laugh reading the stories of begging.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version