The Good Things in Life > Extending the hand of kindness

Wounded Warrior Project (Update in original post)

<< < (3/4) > >>

DottyG:
Oh my goodness, you so totally rock for doing this!  The WWP is a really worthy cause, and I'm so glad you're doing this to support it.  I wish you ALL the best with this!

Wulfie:
I really respect that you are doing this. Great cause and looking at the challenges. WOW. I hope you have a great time and know that I will be here in Seattle cheering you on!

PastryGoddess:

--- Quote from: afbluebelle on February 13, 2013, 12:49:07 PM ---I've read about it... Before I moved south, I was really into polar plunges. The rough part is going to be the ice cubes slowing down progress, but I have a pretty high tolerance to icy water if I know it is coming.

I fully plan on being honest with you guys, but I plan on being the breeziest person in the world at work. Just because all the guys bailed on me, so I want to make them look like pansies.  >:D  What can I say, picking on the guys is my favorite job perk ;D

--- End quote ---
Oh and spring for a deep tissue massage afterwards.  Friends of mine who have done it more than once swore by it and I splurged the day after.  It was painful, but I feel like I recovered a lot faster than I would have just popping pills

afbluebelle:

--- Quote from: Wulfie on February 14, 2013, 12:50:21 PM ---I really respect that you are doing this. Great cause and looking at the challenges. WOW. I hope you have a great time and know that I will be here in Seattle cheering you on!

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I looked at all the challenges. Shouldn't have done that. There is a really dark tunnel one, and I'm a bit on the claustrophobic side. Looks like I'll be smuggling my mini mag light in my bra for that one :P

afbluebelle:
So... 5 days until the race. I'm awaiting a recall for an exercise. I don't think a week of 12 hour shifts in chem gear is the best way to spend the lead up days, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Oy  :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version