Author Topic: And I'm the rude one ? (epic length of course)  (Read 4530 times)

Redneck Gravy

Re: And I'm the rude one ? (epic length of course)
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 12:21:04 PM »
I wish I could have video recorded her response to the police knocking on her door - she looked stunned.  The whole episode was just comical.

And she's real animated so she threw her arms up in the air saying, "I have no idea what you are talking about!"   And she tosses her hair and stomps around like she is SOOOOO Special.

There is nothing like hearing someone tell one lie right after another to the police and then finally having to say, "I don't have a license here is my id card..."

JoyinVirginia

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 12:31:31 PM »
No license! Good you did do this, who knows what other accidents she might cause!

mime

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 12:35:47 PM »
ditto what Sharnita said.

She was driving with no license, didn't exchange valid contact information (equivalent to hit-and-run in my state), driving with no insurance, lying to the police. Those are all illegal in my state. She is a criminal and you sought justice. Now she's whining because you were so rude as to help catch her.

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 12:39:05 PM »
It is illegal to leave the scene of an accident. She committed a crime and then lied about it. How could you be the rude one here?

Exactly. Where I live, leaving the scene of an accident will get you arrested.

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 12:41:34 PM »
SO glad you did that - I had a woman run a red light, speeding, and slam into the side of my van. She was driving a car that had no registration (plates on it belonged to someone else entirely, and were expired), no insurance, and she had no license. I got a failure to yield ticket (since I was turning left) because they didn't have a witness that would verify that the lady had been *tailing an ambulance on a call* so she could skip through traffic - I'd yielded to the ambulance, waited for a moment or two to see if there were any more emergency vehicles behind it, and then completed the left turn I was making when I saw the ambulance - only to have my van (heavy) dragged 30 degrees around by her car (small) - should have told the cops right there that the lady had to be just flying to have that much momentum.

The small percentage of unlicensed, uninsured, irresponsible folks always seems to be the same small percentage of truly insane drivers - at least anecdotally.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 12:48:10 PM »
I'm just imagining the dressing down Judge Judy would give this woman.

"Let me get this straight.  You had no license, the car you were driving is registered to someone else in a different state, you have no insurance, you ran a stop sign and you think the plaintiff's mother is rude for tracking you down and calling the police to make you take responsibility for your own lawlessness?!  Is that what you're trying to tell me?!"

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 12:56:21 PM »

"Let me get this straight.  You had no license, the car you were driving is registered to someone else in a different state, you have no insurance, you ran a stop sign and you think the plaintiff's mother is rude for tracking you down and calling the police to make you take responsibility for your own lawlessness?!  Is that what you're trying to tell me?!"

A few weeks ago she got angry at a plaintiff who had driven with a suspended license and no insurance, yet had the nerve to sue someone else!

LeveeWoman

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2013, 01:05:07 PM »

"Ridiculous! Ridiculous!"

EmmaJ.

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2013, 01:18:42 PM »
I so admire your moxie! 

bloo

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2013, 01:32:37 PM »
I so admire your moxie!

Ditto.

Your DD or her insurance company may not get 'true justice' but at least you tried. Good for you!

reflection5

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2013, 01:34:45 PM »
What do you care whether she thinks you have good manners or not?  I think you knew before posting that people are going to take your side.

I donít think rude vs not rude, or etiquette/civility are issues here.

The woman left the scene of an accident (illegal to leave the scen without giving accurate contact information).  Let the police and insurance investigators deal with her.  Good that you got her name/address, but you need to abide by what the police told you: donít go near her again.

nuit93

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2013, 01:35:05 PM »
I wish I could have video recorded her response to the police knocking on her door - she looked stunned.  The whole episode was just comical.

And she's real animated so she threw her arms up in the air saying, "I have no idea what you are talking about!"   And she tosses her hair and stomps around like she is SOOOOO Special.

There is nothing like hearing someone tell one lie right after another to the police and then finally having to say, "I don't have a license here is my id card..."

Oh, to have been a fly on that wall...

Jones

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2013, 02:33:19 PM »
What do you care whether she thinks you have good manners or not?  I think you knew before posting that people are going to take your side.

The woman left the scene of an accident (illegal to leave the scen without giving accurate contact information).  Let the police and insurance investigators deal with her.  Good that you got her name/address, but you need to abide by what the police told you: donít go near her again.

I think it was just to share a funny story on "rudeness".

reflection5

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2013, 02:41:00 PM »

I think it was just to share a funny story on "rudeness".

Yeah, it was a good story. :)  I was just kind of asking rhetorically.