Author Topic: Bizarre (rude) phone call from relative's wife  (Read 4204 times)

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
Re: Bizarre (rude) phone call from relative's wife
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 04:07:47 PM »
I'm confused as to what your question is, and/or what we can help you with.  I mean, it sounds a little awkward, but I'm not sure I understand the need to dissect it. It's possible that she mis-read her call log, that she's randomly calling numbers from his phone, or that she pulled it out of thin air, but in any case, it's between J and B. As long as she doesn't call you again, it's over and done with. ???

Well, I'm a bit surprised that (as yet) no one feels she was rude on several counts:
1) not identifying herself as soon as I answered instead of immediately going off on an angry rant
2) rather cold, accusaroty tone
3) no apology

If it's between them, then she shouldn't be calling others, accusing, or dragging them into it - relatives or anyone else.  Most, if not all, of the sutuations people post about are "over and done with".

I also think there may be some confusion - the call from wife came from a land line to my cell phone.

Anyway, maybe it's a "you had to be there" situation, and since I'm the one who experienced it I see it differently.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 04:11:11 PM by oceanus »

oceanus

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 04:09:25 PM »
Regardless of the last time J called your phone, B thinks she needs to check up on him.  She, absolutely, should have apologized after realizing to whom she was speaking.

Glad your better judgement took hold and you didn't tell J about the call.  Something tells me this will not end well.

Thanks.

Moray

• My hovercraft is full of eels!
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 04:10:43 PM »
Oh, okay! So you're asking for validation that she was rude.

Yes, she was rude.
Utah

Amava

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 04:15:01 PM »
Not just rude to you but to her husband too, going through his phone like that and acting weird to his contacts. If she does that to people he works with/for, then wow, they'll be "impressed".  :o

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 04:18:08 PM »
She's definitely rude.

Perhaps she is actually dealing with a failing marriage. That would give me some sympathy, but it still wouldn't excuse her rudeness.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

oceanus

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 04:19:06 PM »
going through his phone
The call came from their home land line. 

Dalek

• Am not amused!
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 04:24:06 PM »
Danger! If you get involved with this, she could hit the ceiling. You would just be caught in the drama.

I would pick up a book, take a walk and just blow her off as crazy. I wouldn't get upset over one call.

And to answer your question, yes she was rude.
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

mrs_deb

• I didn't expect THAT to happen!
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013, 04:28:57 PM »

It does sound a bit like she's "checking up on him".  I keep a close eye on our Verizon bill for phone calls and texts (I started doing that after Cellular One tried to charge us for a 16-hour long phone call), but if I see a number I don't recognize, I'm more likely to ask, "Who in the world do you know in Minnesota?" rather than calling the number and snapping angrily at whoever answers.

However, since you don't have his cell number, and the last call from him was from the landline, it sounds perhaps  like she saw it written down somewhere and got suspicious.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 04:31:51 PM by mrs_deb »

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2013, 04:54:16 PM »
going through his phone

She could still be looking through his phone or going over old phone records, seeing who he's been talking to.  :-\

She was rude to you but you're right to drop it. I wouldn't get dragged any further into this then you have been!

Amava

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2013, 05:00:26 PM »
To be perfectly honest, I would warn the cousin.

If my husband was doing such things behind my back, messing with my phone and being rude to random people I know, I /would/ want to know.
(For the record: thank goodness my husband is a sane person who does not do such things, though.)

She is potentially damaging him by her behaviour.

citadelle

• fully functional & aesthetically pleasing
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 05:01:20 PM »
You didn't like her anyway and you now have validation that some others find her behavior rude. Regardless, the situation between J and B has nothing to do with you. I hope you don't plan to tell her that you find her to be rude.

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2013, 05:04:42 PM »
going through his phone

This actually makes it even more likely she's just digging through old records. My cell phone, as an example, only has calls going back to December; the earlier ones have been purged automatically. But a print phone bill stays around as long as the person keeps it. And of course she was rude.

amylouky

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2013, 05:08:28 PM »
Can I just say, I find it a funny sign of the times that the first thought is she was "going through his phone" rather than "found your number written down".   ;D 

I think she was definitely checking up on him, trying to figure out who owned the number. Could be that since she knew it wasn't a number that she recognized, it HAD to be someone suspicious, hence the attitude.

Doesn't excuse it though. And if it were my cousin, I think I'd tell him about the call.

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2013, 05:10:05 PM »
Can I just say, I find it a funny sign of the times that the first thought is she was "going through his phone" rather than "found your number written down".   ;D 

You're right, it could have just been jotted somewhere. Stuck by the phone, floating around in a coat pocket...

Surianne

• Super Hero!
    • Prince ShimmerShine Moondream's Blogging Adventure
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 05:50:14 PM »
I'm not sure what she did wrong here other than use what you say was an angry or annoyed tone.  I don't see why she owes you an apology for asking whose number it was.  If she really is up to something nefarious, best to stay way out of it.