General Etiquette > Life...in general

Is it rude to sing at the dinner table?

<< < (8/8)

gramma dishes:
It's okay at a children's party when there is a birthday cake sitting in front of them.  Otherwise, no.

Frankly, not having seen the show but going by the descriptions of her singing by those who did see it, I think I'd have started laughing under the assumption that she was trying to be funny and entertain us with ridiculously out-of-tune humor.  I suppose then I would have been the rude one.    ???

Miss Unleaded:
Are they Scandinavian?  It's very common to sing a song at the table in Sweden before you take a drink.  It's called a snapsvisa.

Milash:
No, they are from Australia.

Lady Godiva:
It's only OK at summer camp, where everyone has to sing camp songs before meals and you have to go up and kiss the stuffed moose head on the nose in order to get your mail.

Iris:
Just posting to say that I am sitting here laughing to myself because MKR, which I've never watched, has dominated the conversation at work for a week, then when I went out to dinner last night it happened again, and now it's even on Ehell!  :)

I think I need to start watching if I want to participate in ANY conversations this month...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version