Author Topic: Spouse Expressions  (Read 3047 times)

mmswm

Re: Spouse Expressions
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2013, 11:39:03 PM »
Oh, I remembered two more.

First, there's the 7 P's: Proper Prior Planning Prevents P*** Poor Performance

Second: If you're going to be stupid, you'd better be tough.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 05:20:40 AM »

When reading the "readers question" from the daily newspaper, DH actually out loud thanks the person who sent in the question!

As in "thank you (name) of (suburb)". Annoys me every time...  ::)
Stewart/Colbert '16

Carotte

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 06:29:08 AM »
I think I'm the one who says it the most, when I'm not agreeing with something said like " blah blah blah tomato" - "you're the tomato". It mostly never makes sense but yesterday we got a nice "blah problem in your head" to which I answered " no you're the problem in my head" which actually kind of make sense sometimes :)

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 09:18:28 AM »
My dad was the meme-master in our house - I still occasionally pop out one of them and don't realize it.

DP is AWFUL with names, and since her chemo, occasionally with words. She's also the worst at enunciating things. There are dozens of 'DP-speak' names for things - BelVita cookies are "Bein-ventoos", she pronounces nearby city "Dalonega" as "Dah-log-ne-gah", and let's net even get started on how she pronounces the names of some latin-sounding body parts. LOL She knows that she's doing it right, and can and will do it correctly if someone's listening besides me, but at home, it's "honey, can I have coffee and bienvenetoos??"

PurpleFrog

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 11:21:12 AM »
My husband picked up 'isn't it just' from somewhere.
Its sunny today - isn't it just.
The political situation in random country is unsustainable - isnt it just.
The babys created a death ray and has set the house on fire - hasn't he just.

I suggested he find a new phrase or cease to speak.

My standard defence however is the monkeys:

Dh: who moved the dodad?
Me: monkeys.. ....evil ones.....big evil monkeys with sticks. . .big evil poo flinging monkeys with sticks......big evil poo flinging mmonkeys with sticks that are in league with davros.....

I basically keep going untill one of three things happens:

1) dh gets bored and wanders away
2) Dh forgets what the question was
3) Dh's brain melts out of his ears, if anyone asks how that happened it was the monkeys. ..evil monkeys... 
[img width=400 height=88]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10773;484/st/20120825/e/Our+Wedding/dt/-1/k/450f/eve

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 03:10:38 PM »
I think I'm the one who says it the most, when I'm not agreeing with something said like " blah blah blah tomato" - "you're the tomato". It mostly never makes sense but yesterday we got a nice "blah problem in your head" to which I answered " no you're the problem in my head" which actually kind of make sense sometimes :)

I do that, too, a lot.  It's not always even just me disagreeing with something; I'll say it as an automatic response to anything.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

Gyburc

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 06:27:54 AM »
DH has a whole fund of these phrases, but then I suppose so do I.  ;D

One of the most long-standing ones is the 'Which' game. It goes like this:

Me: DH, do you want coffee or tea?
DH: Yes.
Me: Which?
DH: I'm not a witch, I'm your wife.

I've mostly got wise to this one over the last 20 years, but sometimes he still gets me.  ::)

When you look into the photocopier, the photocopier also looks into you

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 09:59:39 AM »
Heeheehee!!

That reminds me, Saturday I attended a Quiet Day retreat at my church and when I got there, someone handed me a packet of name tags, the adhesive ones with "Hello, my name is".

It took great restraint on my part to not write "Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die."  >:D  I did just put my name but my fingers itched anytime I saw that packet of name tags and the pen sitting within arm's reach...

As for expressions, anytime I ask DH, often without thinking "Do you think it'll work?" he says "It'll take a miracle."  After an eye roll at having walked right into that one, we both say "Bye bye!!!"
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2013, 03:55:53 PM »
Oh great. He has a new one. "You reckon?" With an annoying upwards tilt at the end of the sentence...grrrrrrrrr.

Ah I love him really!!  8)
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

Amava

« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2013, 04:50:41 PM »
Oh great. He has a new one. "You reckon?" With an annoying upwards tilt at the end of the sentence...grrrrrrrrr.

Ah I love him really!!  8)

Haha!! I accidentally introduced my husband to "You don't say??" like in the meme.
And now he uses it! In English! And English isn't even our first language!  ;D

Gyburc

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2013, 07:04:50 AM »
Heeheehee!!

That reminds me, Saturday I attended a Quiet Day retreat at my church and when I got there, someone handed me a packet of name tags, the adhesive ones with "Hello, my name is".

It took great restraint on my part to not write "Inigo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die."  >:D  I did just put my name but my fingers itched anytime I saw that packet of name tags and the pen sitting within arm's reach...

Oh, you should have done. (OK, maybe not at a Quiet Day. ;D) But I would have been so, soooo tempted as well.
When you look into the photocopier, the photocopier also looks into you

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2013, 07:07:48 AM »
Heeheehee!!

Oh, you should have done. (OK, maybe not at a Quiet Day. ;D) But I would have been so, soooo tempted as well.

Next time I have the chance, I will do so. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2013, 05:22:46 AM »
Heeheehee!!

As for expressions, anytime I ask DH, often without thinking "Do you think it'll work?" he says "It'll take a miracle."  After an eye roll at having walked right into that one, we both say "Bye bye!!!"

I've seen tshirts with that on it...
Stewart/Colbert '16

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2013, 10:43:54 AM »
'It is what it is'. All purpose response.

'Mildly interesting'. Said about anything that doesn't completely grab his interest.

'I don't like parsing fish'.  Said any time any type of fish except a filet is on the menu.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 06:35:49 PM by Thipu1 »

ScubaGirl

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2013, 11:05:31 AM »
"I'll let you......"  Generally said when he is making dinner and wants to push off something on me.  "I'll let you do the corn", etc.

What makes me irritated is that there is a reason I'm not doing dinner that night and if I had known I was going to be responsible for something I would have done it differently.  What makes me actually mad is that in the way he phrases it, it is like he is doing me a favor.  Grrrrrrr!