General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

Private music played louder than the radio

<< < (2/3) > >>

rachellenore:
I agree that you all offered good suggestions, the problem is that this person is a friend and she takes things like this VERY personally. I know if I said anything that she would just shun me and turn other people against me. I'd rather just stay on her good side because it's not worth making work miserable, I just wanted validation on here. What gets me is that she spends 90% of her time talking about how stuff other people do is so rude.

cheyne:
A friend doesn't "shun me [you]" and "turn people against me [you]", nor do you have to work to stay on their "good side". 

If the music bothers you, go to your supervisor privately and request that Friend not turn down the general music.  If supervisor doesn't care, go yourself and turn up the general music. 

auntmeegs:

--- Quote from: rachellenore on February 14, 2013, 02:58:20 PM ---I agree that you all offered good suggestions, the problem is that this person is a friend and she takes things like this VERY personally. I know if I said anything that she would just shun me and turn other people against me. I'd rather just stay on her good side because it's not worth making work miserable, I just wanted validation on here. What gets me is that she spends 90% of her time talking about how stuff other people do is so rude.

--- End quote ---

1. re: the bolded, that's not a friend

2. the other people probably feel the same way you do so how sucessful would she really be at turning people against you?

Twik:

--- Quote from: rachellenore on February 14, 2013, 02:58:20 PM ---... the problem is that this person is a friend and she takes things like this VERY personally. I know if I said anything that she would just shun me and turn other people against me.
--- End quote ---

These two sentences are not congruous.

amylouky:
Agreed.. if she's such a good friend, you should be able to say, "Friend, it's really bothering me hearing both the standard music and your music. Could you maybe wear headphones?"
If she shuns you and tries to turn people against you (actually, if she does that at all, not just over this issue), she's not that great of a friend. Friends don't do that to each other.
I do understand though that you don't want to make your work environment uncomfortable. I think that I would probably go to a supervisor with my concern and ask that it be kept anonymous. If you're still worried about fallout, then I think you're going to have to just bring your own music and headphones.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version