Author Topic: HAPPY VALENTINE's Day!  (Read 477 times)

jpcher

• Super Hero!
HAPPY VALENTINE's Day!
« on: February 14, 2013, 08:06:44 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

I'm quite surprise that a thread like this hasn't been started already. I'm hoping that's because you all are out and having fun with your loved ones!*

Here's my happy day:

I woke up with the hugest box of chocolate that I ever did see sitting on my bathroom counter. I mean, this box is 2-foot long. There was the sweetest "Thank you for being my Mom" letter from my DD#2.

DD#1 called me at work this morning wishing me a happy Vday and told me that she was coming home this weekend.

I bought the DDs heart-covered pajama pants, a heart-shaped cookie and plan on making heart-shaped meatballs and spaghetti Saturday night when DD#1 is home.

Please, share your Valentine's stories! ;D or :'( .

*If you're sitting home, alone, feeling blue . . . here's a special Valentine just for you!

To all the e-hellions out there: You are very special people so dear to my heart. I don't know what I would do without your creative ideas, thoughts, questions and answers. You are my support. You are my friends. I love you all . . .

Happy Valentine's Day! ;D

squeakers

Re: HAPPY VALENTINE's Day!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 08:20:42 PM »
I got him a cute valentine.  He got me a cute valentine, 20$ worth of farmville cash/card and some booze (I was out).  I paid for our middle son to go watch the state rounds of wrestling.  He bought dinner rolls.. I cooked a pork loin.

We don't really go all out for this holiday.  I don't care for flowers (unless they are alive in the ground), my sweet tooth went on vacation a few years ago and no way would I want to brave the hordes going out to eat tonight through Sunday night.

So while I sit surfing the web, listening to Primeval (on netflix) he's kicked back in the bedroom with probably that moonshiner show going (discovery channel?) while surfing the 'net on his laptop.

20 years and going strong (23 if you count the years spent dating). We're comfortable with each other and he knows when he really has to go all out.. our anniversary.  He let me adopt the dog I wanted to bring our total up to 3 dogs, 4 cats and 1 cockatoo.  So he's got "credit" for the year  8) And he'll spend some of it this week-end hanging out with his BFF. Only some because I bet the BFF takes his girlfriend out at least one night of the week-end for dinner.
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

Tabby Uprising

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 09:11:20 PM »
I'm a holiday junkie!  And though I'm married now, I spent most of my life single and without a significant other on Valentine's Day.  I still loved it!  Mostly because of the enormous heart-shaped boxes of chocolates which I always treated myself to (day after sales!), but also because the bright red and pink decorations helped cheer up the deep of winter. 

Nevertheless, DH and I play it cool on Valentine's.  I baked heart shaped sugar cookies to the delight of my inner child and he brought home Indian food.  We exchanged bright red glittery cards and are watching tv together  ;D

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

Jones

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 10:20:56 PM »
Today I took DD to the dentist. Then we all had Chinese food and split a heart-shaped cheesecake.

Whenever our tax return comes through we are all buying each other memberships to the family gym. That will count for the holiday; not that we're calling each other fat, just being practical and yet splurging on something we haven't had in ages.  ;D

Kaymyth

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 11:26:11 PM »
I got the husband flowers and chocolate.  I defy society's gender stereotypes, raar!

And what did I get?  I got a bouquet of PLUSH UNICORNS. :D:D:D

I took most of them in to work and now it looks like a box of unicorns exploded all over my cube.

Softly Spoken

• "I am a hawk on a cliff..."
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 12:30:46 AM »
I got the husband flowers and chocolate.  I defy society's gender stereotypes, raar!

And what did I get?  I got a bouquet of PLUSH UNICORNS. :D:D:D

I took most of them in to work and now it looks like a box of unicorns exploded all over my cube.

^^ This?  Adorable! I want unicorns!

New guy and I can't be together today, but we're making plans. He asked me what kind of flowers I like. I am looking for the perfect little toy bunny to buy him - he calls me his little bunny...unless he's feeling 'feisty,' then he says I'm Jessica Rabbit! ;) ;D

On a  :'( but  :) note: Valentine's will always be different for me because it is the day my Mom passed away from cancer. I still miss her, especially now that I've found a guy I would love to bring home to her. I am missing the Girl Talk that I was hoping to have with my mom when I fell head over heels...

When mom was sick we had this moment alone. She was weak and groggy from pain meds, but she had this moment of clarity where she looked at me and said "My heat will beat on and on...just like my love for you."  :'( :'(

So Valentine's Day is a special day of Love for me, no matter if I'm single or in a romantic relationship.

Hug your special people - including yourself.  :)

**HUGS** and Happy Valentines to all eHellions!
"... for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-William Shakespeare

"We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't."  ~Frank A. Clark

Shea

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 10:40:56 AM »
BF and I just had our anniversary last week, so we didn't really do Valentine's Day. Especially since he's in another country on a conference this week :P. The extent of our celebrations was me sending him an Adventure Time-themed ecard (yes, Adventure Time, and yes, he's a grown man ;D) and him sending me, quote, "the cutest cat gif I could find" with little hearts photoshopped onto it.

...We're not the most romantic ::).

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.