Author Topic: I did it!  (Read 5472 times)

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
I did it!
« on: February 14, 2013, 08:55:42 PM »
Well, I did two things, bot hof which I've been meaning to post but things are so insane with Anthony's dad and all that it keeps slipping my mind,

First, I know I've  mentioned my sister before, and how it's all but impossible to give her a gift she will like.  Well this year at Christmas, I DID IT.  I know she likes to cook, and I know she collects hedgehog-themed stuff, so I found these : http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/home-kitchen/25797796.jsp  at a store in Big Mall.  She LOVED them.  She even brought them in from her car to show everyone at my aunt and uncle's.  Victory!

Also, I had a thread about my Aunt Bitterhag, who is always making rude comments to me about my weight; a topic about which I'm very sensitive.  I got some really good advice on that thread so at New Year's Day brunch, when she made another weight comment to me, I said (quite loudly) "Aunt Bitterhag, are you implying something about my weight??"  With every eye in the room now on her, she sputtered, "I didn't!  I didn't say that!  That isn't what I meant!"  I replied, "But you just said, 'GEH, I could fit into those pants of yours twice over!'  What DID you mean by that?"  She fumbled around for a minute looking for an answer that would cover for her rude comment, then quickly excused herself to go out for a cigarette. 

I've since seen her at a couple other family events and she eyes me balefully from across the room, but won't sit near me and other than answering me if I speak to her directly, she doesn't seem to have anything she wants to say to me.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Yankeegal77

Re: I did it!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 08:58:22 PM »
Oh, wow, congratulations! I am so proud of you!

Way to go!!

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 09:01:41 PM »
Perfect.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 09:06:52 PM »
Double hoorays!

I'm especially liking the way you handled your Aunt.  I'll bet she was certainly surprised to be flashed by that new titanium spine of yours!!  You darned near blinded that woman!!   ;D

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 09:09:11 PM »
Excellent job! Forcing someone PA to explain themselves is a great strategy -- I'm glad it worked with your aunt.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2013, 09:55:03 PM »
Great handling of Bitterhag.  >:D

Craftymom

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2013, 11:24:43 PM »
GEH for the win.... 8)

Minmom3

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 12:06:02 AM »
Wow.  A gold plated and sparkly WIN.  Good job, GEH!!   8)
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

Auntie Mame

• Live! Live! LIVE!
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 12:22:43 AM »
Oh. Gosh darn. Aunt hag won't speak to you. Let me a shed a tear for her. Well done!
Auntie needs fuel, black coffee and a side car.

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 12:54:53 AM »
You ma'am get the Shiny Spine Theme Song performed by a marching band, cheerleaders and baton twirlers

GEH For The Win!!!

Nox

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 01:26:12 AM »
Well done, GEH! Masterfully played.

Amava

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 02:13:02 AM »
I'm so glad to hear it! It drives me crazy to read about situations where people get away with behaviour like your aunt's!

MrsCrazyPete

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2013, 03:59:02 AM »
Woohooooooo!!!  ;D All right, GEH! Those hedgehog cups are SUPERcute. And I'm so proud of you for standing up to your aunt. She sounds awful but you put her in her place.
Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

sweetonsno

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 04:00:58 AM »
*fistbump* Double win!

Betelnut

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2013, 04:06:25 AM »
Excellent!  Plus, those hedgehogs are cute beyond words!  So adorable!
Native Texan, Marylander currently