Author Topic: Entertaining Question  (Read 489 times)

random numbers

Entertaining Question
« on: February 14, 2013, 11:18:11 PM »
Hi,
As this is more logistics than etiquette, I thought it should go here.

I'm having a party in a week or so and need a way to mark glasses. We're more whiskey than wine, so the standard wine charms are no good.

I see magnetic cocktail charms online, but I'd have to spend too much for those. I need a minimum of 9. I though of making my own, but am afraid that the magnets I can get (jewelry clasps) aren't food grade.

So far my idea is washable window markers to write names and such on the tumblers. Which could be fun, with people able to add to everyone's glass.

Anyone ever had to do this?

Thanks!

snowdragon

Re: Entertaining Question
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 11:20:17 PM »
get beads you like and the elastic thread, if you are using tumblers, you can put these as far down the glass as you like :)

Sebastienne

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 02:47:31 AM »
Sharpie will actually come off in the dishwasher, with proper pre-soaking. Just saying.

MrsCrazyPete

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 03:52:57 AM »
I have seen an alternative to wine charms at party supply shops before. They are tiny sort of rubbery little "creatures" (for lack of a better term) that have tiny suction cups on the back. You could have these available for people to stick on their glasses. The creatures were very cute and there were lots of colors and shapes.
Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

BusyBee

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 11:13:52 AM »
Stickers maybe?  Check the scapbooking aisles for something elegant.  I like the suggestion of Sharpies, too, they come in lots of colors.

Oh Joy

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 01:41:44 PM »
1. Colored rubber bands.  I'm red & blue.  You're green.  He's yello & red... Also helps increase grip.  ;-)
2. A piece of clear packing tape is easy to write on with a Sharpie and peels off easily.

Auntie Mame

• Live! Live! LIVE!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 01:44:47 PM »
Attach wine finders to rubber bands and put those on the glasses.  I have seen my friends do this.

Auntie needs fuel, black coffee and a side car.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 01:54:15 PM »
I like the wine finders with rubberbands idea.

You can also buy removable labels from your office supply store and print each person's name on them with maybe a party design.  We did this for a Octoberfest party where we had a limited number of beer mugs.