General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

How do they get my e-mail and what to say?

<< < (2/2)

perpetua:
This is spam. Advertising. I'm not sure why you feel you need to respond to it?

fountainsoflettuce:
Yeah, what everyone else has said.  I actually don't mind emails from headhunters.  Not that I reply but I like those emails because they give me a sense of the job market in my field and every now and then, there's a listing that I actually consider applying for.

CLE_Girl:
I didn't realize I could treat these e-mails as spam!  They come to my work e-mail so I figured if they were making it my inbox they must be legit...THANKS!!

I don't mind headhunters and recuiters contacting me at my personal e-mail/phone.  I mind when it's on my work e-mail/phone. 

Cat-Fu:
I get this sort of emails a lot, since I specialize in $$expensive service$$ and a lot of vendors want to be the person I go to for $$expensive service$$. A couple of them even managed to find my (unlisted) work phone number. A lot of them will ask you to point them to the person who does make the purchasing decisions—please don't. Telling them who it is just means that poor soul will shortly be bombarded with badgering about whatever service they want your company to buy. Just don't respond. (Unless it's a headhunter who is offering a job you're interested in—then reply with your personal email.)

(edited because it seems I should work at the Redundancy Department of Redundancy.)

Yvaine:

--- Quote from: CLE_Girl on February 15, 2013, 11:20:08 AM ---I didn't realize I could treat these e-mails as spam!  They come to my work e-mail so I figured if they were making it my inbox they must be legit...THANKS!!

--- End quote ---

Work email filters...HA! Mine filters out the emails I want and sends me endless V!agr@ ads and disinherited princes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version