General Etiquette > Family and Children

Yet another baby clothes issue

<< < (2/4) > >>

Deetee:
So I don't like the idea of loaning clothes that need to be returned but that is because I know that I am terribly disorganised. I can have great intentions, but it's just too much effort to be worth it for me. That is MY issue and MY problem.

I did have one person give me clothes under those conditions. I tried to deal with it for a while and then I just packed up everything and put them off to one side with whatever I hadn't used yet so I could return the whole lot when my kid had outgrown them. 

I would never accept clothes that needed to be returned.( I will happily give away bales of clothing so that others can use them and hope that some clothing will be returned to me from someone)

But in this case, the friend is totally wrong. She took the clothes while knowing they were a loan AND that the other mom needed them. 

Lynn2000:
Yup, OtherMom is in the wrong. If she didn't like the conditions of the borrowing, she shouldn't have agreed to them (or if she thought it over later and decided she didn't like them, she should have returned the clothes right then/set them aside to be easily returned later). If she can't even be bothered to give an apology and an explanation I wouldn't think the friendship was worth keeping--not over baby clothes, but over someone who is dishonest and seems to feel no guilt about it.

peaches:
The recipient is totally in the wrong in this case.

I do think it was unwise for the clothes to be shared in the first place. Never lend what you can't afford to lose.

Also, a four month spread in age isn't very much. Depending on the size of the babies, they could be in the same size clothes.

TootsNYC:
But then she should say saying so.

Apparently she's not saying anything. I wonder what she *IS* saying, especially since she was directly asked.

I know I wouldn't consider this person to be much of a friend anymore.

Because were I the person who was loaned the baby clothes, not only would I be returning them (OK, maybe not every single stitch, bcs accidents happen and some of those clothes will escape, and certainly with some wear and tear), but I'd *also* be passing along some of the NEW clothes that *I* was given or purchased for my own baby.

Fragglerocker:

--- Quote from: TootsNYC on February 15, 2013, 02:16:39 PM ---But then she should say saying so.

Apparently she's not saying anything. I wonder what she *IS* saying, especially since she was directly asked.

I know I wouldn't consider this person to be much of a friend anymore.

Because were I the person who was loaned the baby clothes, not only would I be returning them (OK, maybe not every single stitch, bcs accidents happen and some of those clothes will escape, and certainly with some wear and tear), but I'd *also* be passing along some of the NEW clothes that *I* was given or purchased for my own baby.

--- End quote ---

OP here--and I do exactly that when I pass things along.  My own sis gave me a few things for my daughter, and I pass them back to her for her younger daughter, and include other things I purchased or received so my younger niece can wear them too. 

I'm going to ask my friend again what the status is with her friend and getting those clothes back.  My guess is she's not confrontational as a person, so when she asks and gets a, "I can't," she doesn't push any further to get a "Why not?" or any other explanation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version