Author Topic: The Gift Came Back: Am I Stuck With This Forever? Long and Silly....  (Read 4571 times)

Amava

Re: The Gift Came Back: Am I Stuck With This Forever? Long and Silly....
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2013, 01:21:08 AM »
How old is the niece? Even with the accurate description, it seems like something a teenager would be unwilling to wear in public these days.

I'm still on team Just Toss It. It's one old t-shirt.

I agree.  It sounds like something no teen would be caught dead in, and if it's large on you by your standards, if your niece is any smaller she'd be swimming in it.  Just toss it.  It really is that easy.

Well we haven't even seen the shirt and we can't look into this particular teen's mind. I say, show the shirt to the niece and take her cue.
Her face will probably tell you all you need to know. Either "What the heck is that??" or "Awesome!"

Editeer

« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2013, 04:15:34 PM »
Do you and Hester have several mutual friends? If so, perhaps you can give the shirt to one of them, and she can wear it once to a visit with Hester, and then regift it to another mutual friend, who will do the same, and so on, passing it around among all of Hester's friends . . .

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2013, 04:28:33 PM »
Oversized t-shirts are great for sleeping in.......just saying what I might do.....if I were either Yarnspinner or her niece!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2013, 04:30:30 PM »
Oversized t-shirts are great for sleeping in.......just saying what I might do.....if I were either Yarnspinner or her niece!

I often sleep in them too, but I have a feeling all those big jewels might be somewhat less than comfortable digging into your flesh all night.   :-\

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2013, 04:39:42 PM »
Still with the others on Team Toss It - even after the updated information.

Yarnspinner

« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2013, 05:37:51 PM »
I related the story to a friend of mine who said "Oh, I remember that shirt!  It really wasn't you.  And I remember how you couldn't get it clean!"  She went on to suggest that, as we will be having our girls' weekend this summer that I save the shirt, wear it to the girl's weekend  as--what else--a night shirt--wherever we go and the four of us can toast it with champagne as I toss it into the hotel's waste baskets before we leave.

I kind of like the idea.

My niece is eleven and still enough of a kid that if something is sparkly she thinks it's just awesome.  We'll see what happens.

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2013, 07:19:56 PM »
If you really want it dead, ship it to me... I'll wear it on my Tough Mudder and it will die for a good cause ;D
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2013, 09:16:33 PM »
If you really want it dead, ship it to me... I'll wear it on my Tough Mudder and it will die for a good cause ;D

Now that is a great idea!
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario