Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

Lunch Time Tea

<< < (2/6) > >>

Sharnita:
do people know about your eating restrictions?  I would let them know the menu ahead of time in case they feel the need to grab an alternate source of protein ahead of time.  It sounds good but I know a lot of people who would expect meat at lunch and eggs or fish might not be what they have in mind.  It is a great idea but if people forgo lunch to eat it there it might be wise to tell them what is on the menu.

Thipu1:
The whole meal sounds delicious.  If people can't have a meal without meat, that's their problem not yours. 

Also, during Lent, many Christians may welcome a meat-free lunch.

If I may make one small suggestion, a bit of curry powder in the herb butter for the cucumber sandwiches would be a lovely touch.  I always made it that way when we celebrated Frederick's Birthday at the Gilbert and Sullivan Society.

rose red:
As someone who don't like salmon and cream cheese, I can still see myself satisfied after eating the rest of the menu.  Also, may I suggest adding a non-sweet dressing option for the baby greens?

oceanus:
I agree, rose red.  I'd pass on the salmon and cream cheese but for a lunchtime meal I'd be fime with a few of the other things, topped off with the spice cake.

mbbored:

--- Quote from: Sharnita on February 16, 2013, 07:19:21 PM ---do people know about your eating restrictions?  I would let them know the menu ahead of time in case they feel the need to grab an alternate source of protein ahead of time.  It sounds good but I know a lot of people who would expect meat at lunch and eggs or fish might not be what they have in mind.  It is a great idea but if people forgo lunch to eat it there it might be wise to tell them what is on the menu.

--- End quote ---

Great point, Sharnita. Fortunately, most of us fall on the vegetarian/pescatarian spectrum so if meat is served to our group it's as a side dish.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version