A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

S/O needing a hug - needing a POWER SONG :)

(1/6) > >>

Softly Spoken:
So I was responding to this thread, and in my post I suggested to the OP to listen to some songs that may make them feel better and it got me wondering...
*apologies if this kind of thread already exists, but if so I figured I'd reincarnate it. ;)*

When life leaves you needing hugs and rude people are driving you crazy, what song would you listen to that would make you feel better? IMHO, there are plenty of songs about love (angst/unrequited/break up/make up etc. etc. etc.), and lots dealing with partying or generally having fun, but I think it takes a little more searching to find songs that deal with having confidence and/or fighting for yourself.

Of course you could put on Katrina and the Waves ubiquitous "I'm Walking On Sunshine," but what if you needed something with a little more...attitude? >:D

So I'll start...

For general upbeat confidence, I enjoy "Strut" by Adam Lambert, while his "Sure Fire Winners" is a good booster song.

For people who like to talk smack to you, meddle in your life, and judge where it isn't their place, I recommend "None of Your Business" by Salt n' Pepa, and of course the ever awesome "Free Your Mind" by En Vogue.  ;D

For those who struggle with issues of self acceptance, Salt N' Pepa come to the rescue again with the sexy "I Am The Body Beautiful," from the awesome movie "To Wong Foo..." (I am not mentioning the famous Christina Aguilera song because it is a little too on the nose/obvious and a little too downbeat for my taste :P)

For times when SS, Gimme Pigs, Family members from ehell, clueless coworkers and all the other people in your life are driving you crazy, perhaps the classic "Caught Out There" by Kelis, aka the "I hate you so much right now" song! ::) Or if there are any metalheads who are looking to bang their heads so they don't punch someone, maybe they will appreciate the lyrics to "Never Enough" by Five Finger Death Punch?

Lastly, for the time when you need to brush it all off and revel in your own awesomeness, I personally recommend "Fancy Free" by Sun - since this one is hard to find I will provide a link to it.

Of course there are many more great songs to listen to to help yourself feel better - I'm just waiting for you guys to tell me about them! ;D

squeakers:
I prefer compilations.. which not only uplift me.. but remind me to buy either a new disc or individual songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZtTntY7FlI

Bijou:
Hero
I think the words are important to say, to hear and to believe. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeEaG4gf1O0

TheaterDiva1:
Okay - can someone tell me how to post pics here on an iPhone?  I just took a screen shot of my inspiration playlist I'd like to post here.

Chelsealady:
My favorite song when I am feeling like the world is out to get me is Rodney Atkins, "If your going thru hell."

"If you're going through hell
Keep on going, don't slow down
If you're scared, don't show it
You might get out
Before the devil even knows you're there"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version