General Etiquette > Life...in general

Locker Room Confrontation

(1/6) > >>

TurtleDove:
At my gym, there is no rule about girls being in the women's locker room.  There is a rule about opposite gender children, but since I don't have a boy I am not really certain what it is.  Anyway, today my 4 year old DD came with me into the women's locker room to put my purse in a locker before I took her to the KidZone and did my workout.  I was holding her and she didn't say anything while this happened - it took maybe two minutes - we didn't have to change. As we were walking out a very angry and very naked older woman grabbed my arm and angrily yelled that she was going to report me for having my child in the locker room. She came from a different locker bay. I simply continued walking out and could tell everyone else was just shocked at this woman.  I have no idea what she was trying to accomplish and no idea what she would report me for. My question is whether I should report her?  She scared me and frankly, I don't like being angrily grabbed by naked strangers. My gut is to let it go, but a day has passed and I'm still a bit miffed about it.

LeveeWoman:

--- Quote from: TurtleDove on February 17, 2013, 08:14:02 AM ---At my gym, there is no rule about girls being in the women's locker room.  There is a rule about opposite gender children, but since I don't have a boy I am not really certain what it is.  Anyway, today my 4 year old DD came with me into the women's locker room to put my purse in a locker before I took her to the KidZone and did my workout.  I was holding her and she didn't say anything while this happened - it took maybe two minutes - we didn't have to change. As we were walking out a very angry and very naked older woman grabbed my arm and angrily yelled that she was going to report me for having my child in the locker room. She came from a different locker bay. I simply continued walking out and could tell everyone else was just shocked at this woman.  I have no idea what she was trying to accomplish and no idea what she would report me for. My question is whether I should report her?  She scared me and frankly, I don't like being angrily grabbed by naked strangers. My gut is to let it go, but a day has passed and I'm still a bit miffed about it.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I'd report her. Grabbing someone, whether you're clothed or not, is wrong. Being unclothed makes it worse if she was protesting that a child shouldn't be around unclothed adults because it called attention to her naked self.

oceanus:
 :o What?  ???

Of course you should report her!  When you do, be prepared to answer why you didn't report her immediately.  You say you were scared - who wouldn't be?

I'm not understanding why you walked away and let it go. Miffed?  Her actions border on assault, for goodness sakes.

MorgnsGrl:
Definitely report her!! Someone who works at the gym needs to have a serious talk with her about the fact that same-gender children ARE allowed in the locker room, and that grabbing anyone is NOT OKAY and won't be tolerated.

TurtleDove:
Yeah, I probably should have reported it right away.  I walked away because it just seemed so unreal.  A woman who was walking out with me said, "Did that really just happen?"  It happened fast and I just wanted to get to my workout.  Also, much like witness reports of "what did the gunman look like/I have no idea I was looking at the gun" my description of this woman would be "she was naked and angry."   :-\

Thankfully, my DD didn't say much about it, which is another reason I walked away (to avoid an even bigger situation).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version