Author Topic: Don't You Know I love You When.....  (Read 2790 times)

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
Don't You Know I love You When.....
« on: February 17, 2013, 01:13:46 PM »
I make you tuna salad. I hate fish of all kinds, I have the smell of tuna, and I hate peeling eggs. Yet I make making a batch of tuna salad for my dad because he wants a tuna salad sandwich to take to rehersal today.

To a lesser extent, if I make deviled eggs assume I love you. I don't like dealing with peeling eggs, and I don't eat deviled eggs. But no part of making them is repulsive to me (like tuna) so its not such a labor.

Now... How do you show the people in your life that you love them?
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

otterwoman

Re: Don't You Know I love You When.....
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 01:48:42 PM »
I don't eat red meat at all. But I will make meatloaf, meatballs, and even triple meat lasagna for DH. He raves about the food, and appreciates that I make it for him.

NutMeg

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 01:55:18 PM »
My boyfriend has to wake up much earlier than me to go to work. I set an alarm for when I know he is leaving the house so I can send him a good morning text on days that I haven't stayed over. I can just roll over and go back to sleep, but it makes him feel special.
"You're hostages! This is a life-and-death situation here. Start acting like it! We're your captors. We're armed. There's rules. There's a whole school of etiquette to this!" - Dr. Daniel Jackson                

deety

• woodland pixie
  • chunga!
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 03:23:50 PM »
Patterned paper towels.  I really don't like them-- I think they're cutesy and tacky.  Just don't like 'em.  My dislike stems from a marathon cleaning session in my first apartment where I noticed tiny greenish-blue marks on the walls next to my built-in full length mirror, from the paper towel print.  Now when I get paper towels I do get prints, as DH and kids love them.  I even get ones with designs they'll particularly like--butterflies, popcorn (okay, that one's mine), cats, birdhouses.

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 04:34:40 PM »
Wen I cut up cucumber for myDh for salads. I hate bit, but he loves it.

Doll Fiend

• The Dolls are in the Garden and in my Head.
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 05:47:16 PM »
When I knit/crochet something for some one. Doing so hurts, a lot. With my hands it is hard to create more than 20 min at a time before I have to use Ice packs or a heating pad. And this is while using pain pills. My DH and BFF and her BF all understand and Love anything I do create for them.

AmethystAnne

• mom, grandmother, and an enthusaistic knitter & crocheter (formerly Laura___)
  • So much yarn, not nearly enough time! :D
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 06:52:35 PM »
^^^^
Oh man, Doll Fiend.... :'(

-------------------
DH knows I love him because I carry his dinner plate to him while he watches TV.
One time, he rreeaallyy knew that I loved him because I held his head while he was 'losing his lunch' during a bout of stomach virus he had caught from somewhere.

snowfire

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 08:45:16 PM »
I hate hand sewing with a flaming passion.  Anything more than buttons has to be done more or less at gunpoint. (Tendonitis in the hands adds to this.)  When my DH finished his year as Master in his Masonic Lodge, I hand embroidered his Past Master's apron.

My first experience with a rotary cutter to do the ultrasuede trim on this is over in the Yeah, Don't do that thread...I still have the scar. (Short version, my thumb was hanging over the edge of my straightedge when I was cutting the strips.  Those rotary cutters are SHARP!)

Nikko-chan

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 08:55:58 PM »
I pour out the pop that you left on the table all day for you before you get home so you won't have to.

I clear out the dirty dishwater and do the dishes.

Note: Doing either of these things makes me gag and almost well... you know. Not the doing the dishes part, just doing the emptying of the dirty dishwater... the smell... crivins!

Seven Ate Nine

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2013, 09:18:16 PM »
If I made it and it involves mayonaise, I must love you.  While I can eat some things that have mayo mixed in, the smell of it straight out of the jar makes me nauseous.

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2013, 10:22:23 PM »
I gnaw on you or head butt you. I only feel comfortable gnawing on those that I love.
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

heyyoume

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2013, 02:14:31 AM »
My family and friends know I love them if I do anything  that requires handsewing... or cook curried sausages for tea.... and since I've been studying full-time and working full-time if I turn up to visit on the weekend they know I REALLY love them...

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2013, 06:16:30 AM »
I gnaw on you or head butt you. I only feel comfortable gnawing on those that I love.

This. I do this and DH always knows, because I have never ever told him (because I can't say it ever), I do this instead...

Oh, and I don't buy $A30 boxes of Coca Cola for just any ol' body either lol!...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 06:18:01 AM by JonGirl »
Stewart/Colbert '16

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2013, 09:23:37 AM »
I work until 9, then come home and make dinner without asking for help, even though you've been home all night.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

CrochetFanatic

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2013, 02:02:23 PM »
I rearrange my plans to drive you somewhere.  By "my plans", I mean something like a doctor's appointment or driving way out of my way to drop someone off.  The reason it's such a huge favor for me to do is because, for the longest time, it was just assumed that I would be available.  After being called "selfish" for not being someone's ride when I was two days after a tooth extraction (and taking pain meds that didn't do much), something in my head sort of went "snap!"  I'll still do this for people, but it isn't an automatic "yes" anymore.