Author Topic: Don't You Know I love You When.....  (Read 2695 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: Don't You Know I love You When.....
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 02:22:46 PM »
I watch a show I really am not all that into just to spend time with you, especially if I read a fanfic written for that show to proofread it for you. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Dalek

• Am not amused!
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 02:46:36 PM »
I love my nephew so much that I let him move in with us. He was from West Philly and had a few guys in his neighborhood making trouble . He got in a fight one day. His mom got scared and sent him to live with us.
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

onyonryngs

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 02:56:44 PM »
Well, I hope that marrying him & having my DH's kids was enough to convince him that I love him.  If not, maybe he knows it when I buy his favorite beer even though I'm a martini girl.

Jones

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 03:22:25 PM »
I love my nephew so much that I let him move in with us. He was from West Philly and had a few guys in his neighborhood making trouble . He got in a fight one day. His mom got scared and sent him to live with us.
Lemme guess, you live in Bel Air? ;)

When I am done in the mornings I leave the space heater on so the rest of the family doesn't have to suffer shivering clothes changes and icey toilet seats. I suffer through as the earliest riser, so they don't have to.

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 03:35:40 PM »
I make DP peanut butter and sweet pickle or Miracle Whip and banana sandwiches. Hands sticky, and both combinations make me retch - but she loves them.

Come to think of it, I think making her scrambled eggs every single morning (even weekends) around 7am when she gets hungry should count too. I never get to sleep past 8 before she's nudging me "honey.... can I have some breakfast.... please?"

Van down by the river

• This must be what going mad feels like.
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 04:46:57 PM »
I make Dh his favorite "gross" sandwiches too. I also buy little threats that he loves but I can't eat to put in his lunchbox for work. I make sure there is butter on one side of the bread, miracle whip on the other and ketchup between the slices. I make sure there is plenty of sliced up, frozen bananas in the freezer at all times for his smoothies. I also was his undercrackers and socks to his specifications, folding them the way he likes and making sure his drawers are full.

I also let him watch what he wants when he's home. Even if it bores the holy heavy eyelids out of me. He works a lot and I'm home so I spoil him when he's home bc I can pretty much do anything I want when he's away.

I also bring him breakfast in bed sometimes. I even bring him ketchup for his eggs even though I find this so insulting to my cooking.

sevenday

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 06:43:18 PM »
In response to the post above mine... I love the typos.  "little threats," "undercrackers"

My roommate's version of "don't you know..." is when he goes outside and mows the grass without complaining (much) on his days off because I am allergic to cut grass.  I do have medicine, and if I stay inside it doesn't get to me TOO badly, but going out and mowing would send me into full on allergic reaction even with the meds on board. 

My version?  I buy bulk packs of various things he likes for his lunch and snacks, like raw almonds and big jars of applesauce.  I then break them down into snack packs that he can grab and toss into his lunchbox... all so he can sleep in a little longer (he works nearly 12 hour graveyard shifts). 

mmswm

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 06:54:49 PM »
If I get up on the roof to help you.  Ever since my hiking accident I've had an irrational fear of heights/falling.  I can get up on a ladder, but taking that step onto the roof is pure torture.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 08:19:06 PM »
Dear Daddy --

Please know that I love you when I ask you questions. Even though I have the knowledge to search and find the answer on my own, I still like your personal take on things.

I'll listen to your long-winded answers. I'll give input as to what I've learned by myself and you are certainly allowed to discount my input, saying that your way is better. I trust your judgement.

I am your child. Even though you're 80 years old and I've been on my own for quite a few years, I still need you . . . not for answers or advice, but knowing that you still need to feel important in my life.

That's why I ask you questions that I don't really need answers to.

Thank you for always being there for me.

mw8242

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 09:01:07 PM »
When even though I'm so hungry I only get the ingredients needed to cook dinner, instead of copping out and getting ready made food. Then I follow the recipe to make the healthy enchiladas and wait the 25 minutes for them to cook. Self, that's how much I love you and am committing to the healthier lifestyle to get health back under control.

*I know it's corny but it was a big deal for me to cook a healthy dinner after such a long day.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2013, 10:32:26 AM »
When I don't wipe away the wet kisses on my cheek.  :)  Yes they are slobbery but since he's just learning about giving kisses and giving them spontaneously, I'm not about to complain. Even if I do pull away when I feel teeth.

Sometimes I can't tell if he's trying to kiss me or eat me, and as our name's not Donner, I have to draw the line somewhere.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Van down by the river

• This must be what going mad feels like.
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2013, 12:16:44 PM »
In response to the post above mine... I love the typos.  "little threats," "undercrackers"

Haha! Undercrackers was intentional. However, I love little threats. I may have to adapt that into my vocabulary when making DH's lunches. My phone sometimes knows me better than I do.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2013, 12:20:11 PM »
When even though I'm so hungry I only get the ingredients needed to cook dinner, instead of copping out and getting ready made food. Then I follow the recipe to make the healthy enchiladas and wait the 25 minutes for them to cook. Self, that's how much I love you and am committing to the healthier lifestyle to get health back under control.

*I know it's corny but it was a big deal for me to cook a healthy dinner after such a long day.

Recipe pretty please? Those sound yummy!

alkira6

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2013, 12:41:38 PM »
When I clean the little thing that builds up under your big toe that you can't get to.

When I make anything that involves chicken skin because you like it.

When I wake up at 3:30 to kiss you goodbye on your way to work and I don't have to work that day.

heartmug

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2013, 12:44:40 PM »
When I take out the trash.  I really do think it is your job, since I do the cooking and the cleaning up afterwards, but when I see that you had a long, exhausting day of work, I just do it myself.
The trouble is not that the world is full of fools, it's just that lightening isn't distributed right.  - Mark Twain