Author Topic: Don't You Know I love You When.....  (Read 2516 times)

ScubaGirl

Re: Don't You Know I love You When.....
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2013, 12:48:07 PM »
I go to all your races - 5Ks, 10Ks, half-marathons, marathons, half ironmans, triathlons, etc.  But, above all else, when I equally divided my one slice of peanut butter pie for you after you said at the restaurant you didn't want to take home any dessert for yourself.

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
  • Paws for a smile
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2013, 05:47:47 PM »
I love onions. You don't. No meal I cook for us, together, had onions. I have never told you to just pick them off, finely minced them so you don't notice them or hid them from you.

I have picked onions off a particularly delicious bruschetta at a restaurant, so you could have a taste (sneak attack onions that weren't on the menu). I have refrained from pointing out that the dish you were really enjoying had minced onions (I have a talent for spotting ingredients and he doesn't have any side effects from eating onions, just an intense distaste).

I once bought sour cream and onions chips for myself after an argument, only to find that you like artificial onion flavouring. I didn't strangle you right then and there. Ok, it was petty revenge and I deserved the karma.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2013, 04:12:48 PM »
When I go to a comic book convention with you.

As much as I love The Big Bang Theory I have never been, and am not now, into comic books.  Watching you and 187 grown men (and a few women) act like giddy twelve-year-olds was not how I wanted to spend my Sunday.  I do not think the Batmobile from the original series is cool.  However, you like this stuff so I went.

I draw the line at the vampire exhibit at the local museum.  That is NOT happening.

mw8242

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2013, 04:23:05 PM »
When even though I'm so hungry I only get the ingredients needed to cook dinner, instead of copping out and getting ready made food. Then I follow the recipe to make the healthy enchiladas and wait the 25 minutes for them to cook. Self, that's how much I love you and am committing to the healthier lifestyle to get health back under control.

*I know it's corny but it was a big deal for me to cook a healthy dinner after such a long day.

Recipe pretty please? Those sound yummy!
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/02/chicken-enchiladas.html

Her whole website has amazing healthy recipes - also love the zucchini tots

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2013, 08:32:47 PM »
I love onions. You don't. No meal I cook for us, together, had onions. I have never told you to just pick them off, finely minced them so you don't notice them or hid them from you.

I have picked onions off a particularly delicious bruschetta at a restaurant, so you could have a taste (sneak attack onions that weren't on the menu). I have refrained from pointing out that the dish you were really enjoying had minced onions (I have a talent for spotting ingredients and he doesn't have any side effects from eating onions, just an intense distaste).

I once bought sour cream and onions chips for myself after an argument, only to find that you like artificial onion flavouring. I didn't strangle you right then and there. Ok, it was petty revenge and I deserved the karma.

My grandmother tried that once when I was a kids to "prove to me that I can't tell.

I intentionally aimed the puke onto her one of a kind hanging wall quilt. (I was six? Is that young enough to get a pass?)

And as for finely minced onions in something I'm enjoying? All the people who nicely look the other way are very sweet. The ones who wait until i am done, and inform me so I can take my migraine pills? They love me! (Okay, the others do too, but its in the way my stepmom and BFF handle it that makes it so much better.)

I apparently am very sensitive to something present in onions, in a lesser extent in garlic, and that when cooked gets very weak. Raw onion in my system will produce headaches so bad I seriously asked my father to "put me down" like a terminal animal. Garlic will do something similar, but not as painful. But if I can get a dose of tylenol + asprin + a half dose of ibuprofin, usually I can ward it off.

Cooked onions do very little to me, but their texture is gaggy for me. Which means I loved a friend VERY much when I tried her fajitas in their limp soggy onion-y glory. (It was awful, but she was trying so hard.)

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2013, 09:35:45 PM »
When I come and sit down on the bed and then spend 10 minutes in the morning nicely talking you into actually waking up and getting out of bed.  I could be using those 10 minutes for something that I really want to be doing, like reading, petting the dog, getting dressed or making my lunch.  Instead I spend it repeating "you need to get up now" like a robot. 

When I clean up the mess the dog made because of something you left out, instead of leaving it for you to clean up.

When I agree to go with you to watch our city's NBA team play.  I hate basketball.  It's uninteresting, I don't like the entertainment, and I don't like the way this arena smells or the food it offers.  I only go because you asked me to. 

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
  • Paws for a smile
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2013, 09:40:13 PM »

My grandmother tried that once when I was a kids to "prove to me that I can't tell.

I intentionally aimed the puke onto her one of a kind hanging wall quilt. (I was six? Is that young enough to get a pass?)

And as for finely minced onions in something I'm enjoying? All the people who nicely look the other way are very sweet. The ones who wait until i am done, and inform me so I can take my migraine pills? They love me! (Okay, the others do too, but its in the way my stepmom and BFF handle it that makes it so much better.)

I apparently am very sensitive to something present in onions, in a lesser extent in garlic, and that when cooked gets very weak. Raw onion in my system will produce headaches so bad I seriously asked my father to "put me down" like a terminal animal. Garlic will do something similar, but not as painful. But if I can get a dose of tylenol + asprin + a half dose of ibuprofin, usually I can ward it off.

Cooked onions do very little to me, but their texture is gaggy for me. Which means I loved a friend VERY much when I tried her fajitas in their limp soggy onion-y glory. (It was awful, but she was trying so hard.)

I call that good aim :D

QueenofAllThings

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2013, 09:45:01 PM »
I forgo cooking some of my favorite things because you dont like the taste/smell (Brussel sprouts, fish, Lima beans). I get up up an hour or two early every morning to make sure you have what you need for a productive day at school and to see you off, even though you can manage on your own.

I iron for you.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2013, 10:05:52 PM »
When I remove the hundreds of cactus needles in your backside, thigh and back because you leaned up against a cactus while trimming a tree for the neighbors.

When I don't yell at you for trying to catch that piece of stainless steel, that cut through your hand, and required stitches and shots.

When I don't yell at you because I have to get shots since I am RH negative and you are O positive and I love you and our son.

Girlie

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2013, 10:09:18 PM »
When I invite you over for any reason whatsoever. I'm a homebody who HATES entertaining and having guests over. I'd prefer to buy you dinner out or pay for your movie ticket than to order pizza in and watch a show at home. If I invite you here, you're in.

Dorrie78

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2013, 10:16:16 PM »
When I sit in the (small) smoking room at the club with you while you smoke a cigar so we can play cribbage and watch the golf tournament together.