Author Topic: Bunny, Squirrel or something else?  (Read 2084 times)

mmswm

Bunny, Squirrel or something else?
« on: February 17, 2013, 02:04:22 PM »
This has been a rather amusing discussion in my house this morning, and I thought it would be fun to add here as a game.  My dog has a rather interesting marking on her back.  I say it looks like one thing, my father says something else.  My son sides with my father, my sister sides with me.  Here's her picture.  Do you see the side view of a squirrel, the back view of a bunny, or something else entirely?

Add your own pictures of interesting pet markings or other things that can be seen in multiple ways!
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

MommyPenguin

• My blog!
Re: Bunny, Squirrel or something else?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 02:49:43 PM »
I can definitely see the side view of the squirrel.  I can't really see the bunny.  I mean, I can see two little circles at the top that could be ears, but then I'm not sure which of the two larger parts near the bottom would be the bunny and which would be... what else?  Too big for the tail.  So I'd definitely say squirrel.  :)

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 03:21:40 PM »
I totally see a bunny. I don't know how one can see a squirrel there!  :)

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

blue2000

• It is never too late to be what you might have been
  • Super Hero!
  • Two kitties - No waiting. And no sleeping either.
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 07:43:12 PM »
I can see a squirrel and a bunny, but I'm more of a "caterpillar in a mushroom patch" person myself.
You are only young once. After that you have to think up some other excuse.

mmswm

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 07:51:00 PM »
Now that's one I haven't heard today.  Between the kids and my parents and my friends on facebook I've heard the rock monster from the original "Star Trek", a snowman carrying boulders, and, of course, the squirrel and bunny!
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Nikko-chan

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 08:00:55 PM »
I see both the squirrel and the bunny :)

JoW

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 11:10:46 PM »
I see a small dog with short floppy ears.  He is on the ground on his belly with his feet tucked under him. 

mmswm

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2013, 11:34:52 PM »
I see a small dog with short floppy ears.  He is on the ground on his belly with his feet tucked under him.

She :)

Rohanna

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2013, 11:39:58 PM »
I see 5  tribbles.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. ~ Jack Layton.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2013, 08:58:25 PM »
I see 5  tribbles.

Well someone is a Star Trek fan :)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 09:15:55 PM »
Squirrel or tribbles.

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 12:43:36 AM »

She :)

I think JoW means she sees the shape of a floppy-eared dog in the marking.  I see it too.  I also see the squirrel but don't even remotely see the bunny.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

JoW

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2013, 05:52:01 PM »
GreenEyedHawk is right.  To me the markings look like a small dog. 

I can see the bunny, but only if his ears are like a dog's.  I don't see the squirrel. 

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2013, 06:04:38 PM »
Is this one of those Rorschach tests?  What does it say about me if I see clouds? >:D

I don't post pictures on the internet anymore, so I can't link to the image of my 19 y.o. kitten, Bootsie.  She's a tuxedo with white toes on the front feet and (of course) boots on the back feet, but my favorite marking is her white bib.  Her nose is black, her cheeks are white, and the white continues down her chest and belly.  When she sits and looks up at me, it forms a heart.  She's my little sweetheart.  She has cataracts and she's going blind. Her hearing is going, too, but she can still hear a Greenie treat hit the laminate floor.  ;) Her kidneys are slowly failing.  She has arthritis in her hips, but the hip & joint treats that I give her (with glucosamine, chondroitin, and MSM) work well and she's able to walk without limping.  Even with all those physical problems, she enjoys a high quality of life.  We call her "the Love Sponge" because she seems to soak up affection, then return it when you squeeze (hug) her. :-*
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

mmswm

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2013, 07:30:47 PM »
What's funny is that even after all this time has passed, the kids are still arguing over what the "picture" is on Lucy's back.  I think it's really fun to see what people see in seemingly random blobs.  Lucy is a funny dog, so it's fitting that it's her markings that sparked the discussion.