Author Topic: Things you wish you never saw . . . please see Post #46, pg. 4, before posting  (Read 7693 times)

Valentines Mommy

Re: Things you wish you never saw
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 10:20:39 PM »
The database of a former employee. Multiple extra marital affairs (all email, texts and IMs) and an impressive pron collection.

There isn't enough tequila to erase those images.

doodlemor

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 11:04:59 PM »
Several weeks ago there were some articles online about Victorian post-mortem photography. 

I didn't mind the pictures of the bodies in caskets or beds or couches that looked asleep.  I found the bodies that were posed to look lifelike incredibly creepy.  Whatever was done to open the eyes opened them too wide, and the effect was quite eerie.

In several of the pictures the parents apparently wanted a photo of all of their children before the dead child was buried.  The living children in those pictures looked quite terrorized beside their deceased sibling.

HoneyBee42

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 11:07:04 PM »
On that which I wish could be unseen--one of the occasions in which I was policing the adult boards on the website I help to run, and I encountered a game which was a "private roleplay" between a 16yo boy and a 20-something man (and these were the actual ages as well as the "character" ages.  The 16yo was a neko-something(?).  I slammed that thing down fast, removing all posts and booting +banning both (past experience told that it wasn't worth trying to involve the police because of the whole "where in the world are they?" aspect).  Anyway, the 20something guy had embedded gay pron gifs into his posts.  I could have happily lived my whole life without seeing that.

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 11:45:00 PM »
It was the screen-saver got my DH's nieces computer account on the family computer.  While visiting MIL and I needed to check email I was told to use her account "since everyone did".  Apparently she was annoyed by that.  The screen-saver was a close-up view of someone born with both *um* parts, and the dangly version was going in circles to the beat.  It was like watching a car wreck. 

Hillia

« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 11:47:45 PM »
I used to work tech support for an ISP.  We also hosted websites.  One slow night I got a call from a customer with some questions about his sites, and while we talked I surfed to the various domains that he hosted.  One was called 'obesecity.com'.  I thought it might be a health site, or a site selling weight loss supplements, so I pulled it up as we chatted...and almost strangled.  It was a niche pron site, with very, very, very large men.  Like, 600lbs plus.

Now.  I am not a small person, nor is my DH, and I firmly believe that a person's size does not determine their worth, their lovableness, their desireability to their partner.  But to come upon these images unexpectedly, and they just had an exploitative ick factor to them...they're still there, 10 years later.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Shalamar

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 11:59:38 PM »
A website devoted to showing post-death pictures of people who've committed suicide.   The pictures were horrible.   The comments were worse and almost made me lose hope for humanity.   :(

Softly Spoken

• "I am a hawk on a cliff..."
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2013, 01:34:42 AM »
On some other discussion board someone mentioned "tubgirl" in passing and I had no idea what they were talking about...

SOME THINGS ARE NOT MEANT TO BE GOOGLED!!!!!!!!  :o :'( :o :'( :o :'( :o :'( *there is no 'barf' icon unfortunately*

*crawls back to corner to whimper and suck her thumb*

Related: I can still achieve a state of absolutely Nirvana-like ignorant bliss because I do not know what "2 girls 1 cup" entails.
"... for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-William Shakespeare

"We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't."  ~Frank A. Clark

Kaora

• I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2013, 02:09:10 AM »
On some other discussion board someone mentioned "tubgirl" in passing and I had no idea what they were talking about...

SOME THINGS ARE NOT MEANT TO BE GOOGLED!!!!!!!!  :o :'( :o :'( :o :'( :o :'( *there is no 'barf' icon unfortunately*

Related: I can still achieve a state of absolutely Nirvana-like ignorant bliss because I do not know what "2 girls 1 cup" entails.

Yeah, I've achieved an armor against things like those by now (I know of a couple very famous ones, whose names I refuse  to give away to save people it.)

I'm sorry, but I can't help but laugh in horror at the screensaver one.  One part of my mind is completely horrified, the other is trying to wrap around HOW...

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2013, 01:41:38 PM »

I'm so glad I have no idea what you're talking about.

A website devoted to showing post-death pictures of people who've committed suicide.   The pictures were horrible.   The comments were worse and almost made me lose hope for humanity.   :(

Get the fudge brownies out of here.  No WAY.What is WRONG wiht people???

:::sigh:::

Well - my latest version of needing a brainwipe involved seeing butt crack of the girl making my coffee at the local coffee stop on campus.  Now I have to find a new place for coffee. It wasn't just a peak either. :o

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~

nuit93

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2013, 01:43:24 PM »
Heh. Do you see equally "fashion-challenged" people in other places around you besides Walmart? If not, why do you think it happens there?

"banana hammock" bathing suits

This phrase--which I will not probably not be able to forget so vivid is the associated image in my mind--reminds me of a joke I once heard on Johnny Carson. I cannot remember the name of the comedian though I think he went on to become rather well known. He wasn't at the time, though. He was talking about his move to California and the lifestyle here and he mentioned wanting to buy a California bathing suit, the kind, you know, that "makes you look like you're trying to smuggle grapes into the country."

That's another unforgettable image.

Lewis Black, perhaps?

heartmug

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2013, 01:43:55 PM »
The website PeopleofWalmart. Dear god, I still cannot believe people walk around in public (or even private) dressed like that. All I can think is "that cannot possibly be real." But apparently it is.

This.  A thousand times this.
One option in a tug of war with someone is just to drop the rope.

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2013, 01:47:42 PM »

Oh yeah.  I've unfortunately been a little too eager to lean a new term by googling it. 

Now I am MUCH more selective and very much prefer a verbal description.

Shalamar

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2013, 03:49:27 PM »
Heh.  Every  now and again, a rather naive co-worker will ask "What does (innocuous-sounding phrase) mean?", and I'll be all "I can tell you if you really want me to  - it's better than Googling it at work and finding out the hard way that it's not nearly as innocuous as it sounds."

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2013, 03:58:36 PM »
Several weeks ago there were some articles online about Victorian post-mortem photography. 

I didn't mind the pictures of the bodies in caskets or beds or couches that looked asleep.  I found the bodies that were posed to look lifelike incredibly creepy.  Whatever was done to open the eyes opened them too wide, and the effect was quite eerie.

In several of the pictures the parents apparently wanted a photo of all of their children before the dead child was buried.  The living children in those pictures looked quite terrorized beside their deceased sibling.

I once was looking at a riend's collection of memento mori(and other similar period photographs. She collects old pictures) and found a really weird one. It was two little girls, who looked almost identical other than one was sitting very stiffly in the chair and the other was slumped, holding the stiffly sitting one's hand and her face was kinda blurred.

Because I had been told various "rules" for photos then(that you had to sit absolutely still, etc.) I commented that the slumped girl must've had a tantrum during the sitting. Just to be told that they girls were twins and the stiff one was dead. Apparently her sister couldn't keep a stiff upper lip long enough.  :'(
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2013, 04:02:58 PM »
I collect Victorian postmortem photographs, and some of them are creepy. Far more creepy are the crime scene photographs I see during my forensic science class.