Author Topic: Things you wish you never saw . . . please see Post #46, pg. 4, before posting  (Read 7418 times)

CakeBeret

Re: Things you wish you never saw
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2013, 04:09:13 PM »
I really wish I hadn't Googled a Prince Albert piercing. I have nothing against them, but it looks so painful it makes me feel ill.

(And jpcher, I admire your restraint. I remember when I was in college and my mom not only monitored my online bank accounts, but also made me account for each and every transaction.)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 09:09:27 AM by CakeBeret »
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

nuit93

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2013, 04:13:28 PM »
I really wish I hadn't Googled a Prince Albert piercing. I have nothing against them, but it looks so painful it makes me feel ill.

I saw one of those in person.

(wasn't anyone I was playing scrabble with, just someone who got a bit tipsy and decided to show off his latest jewelry...to a mixed crowd  :o)

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2013, 04:45:27 PM »
Okay, for those of you who have always resisted Googling "those" links, here's the brief "spoilers" for the major shock sites:

Goatse: a close-up of a naked man's rear end, spread wide to show more detail than you wanted to see

Two girls / one cup: involves poo in a cup and the consumption thereof

Tubgirl: masked girl in a tub expelling an orange juice enema

(Tried to white out the explanations for those who don't want to read them, but even in generic terms they're still pretty gross.)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2013, 04:51:23 PM »
^You have saved me the vision. I thank you.

whatsanenigma

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2013, 04:54:09 PM »
I have no idea how I managed this one, but somehow I stumbled across a description and pictures of something called "lotus birth".  I really wish I had some brain bleach for that one.

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2013, 04:58:59 PM »
Several weeks ago there were some articles online about Victorian post-mortem photography. 

I didn't mind the pictures of the bodies in caskets or beds or couches that looked asleep.  I found the bodies that were posed to look lifelike incredibly creepy.  Whatever was done to open the eyes opened them too wide, and the effect was quite eerie.

In several of the pictures the parents apparently wanted a photo of all of their children before the dead child was buried.  The living children in those pictures looked quite terrorized beside their deceased sibling.

I once was looking at a riend's collection of memento mori(and other similar period photographs. She collects old pictures) and found a really weird one. It was two little girls, who looked almost identical other than one was sitting very stiffly in the chair and the other was slumped, holding the stiffly sitting one's hand and her face was kinda blurred.

Because I had been told various "rules" for photos then(that you had to sit absolutely still, etc.) I commented that the slumped girl must've had a tantrum during the sitting. Just to be told that they girls were twins and the stiff one was dead. Apparently her sister couldn't keep a stiff upper lip long enough.  :'(

Oh, that's heartbreaking.  :'(
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2013, 04:59:36 PM »
This:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/medical/breastrash.asp

Gives me chills to look at it even at a quick glance.

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2013, 05:12:50 PM »
This:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/medical/breastrash.asp

Gives me chills to look at it even at a quick glance.

Sooo..that's a false on snopes.  As a healthcare provider I wasn't all too freaked about it but it seemed that some basic anatomy was missing from the pic (nipple). Someone had too much time on their hands and is way too talented with photoshop. Rest easy. ;)

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2013, 05:19:41 PM »
Perhaps this is too somber for this thread.

The center of São Paulo is not a nice place late at night. One area is known as Crackland, where crack addicts congregate. It is also right besides a concert hall. Often, leaving a concert, we would see masses of drug addled users, just shuffling about or lying around, on the sidewalk or even the pavement. Most were wearing rags, emaciated and ill. Their eyes are just blank and they seem to be just shells of people. They also don't care about the few cars driving through and you have to be very, very careful to avoid hitting anyone.

It is like something from a zombie movie and my heart breaks at the sight.

MOM21SON

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2013, 05:26:32 PM »
Heh. Do you see equally "fashion-challenged" people in other places around you besides Walmart? If not, why do you think it happens there?

"banana hammock" bathing suits

This phrase--which I will not probably not be able to forget so vivid is the associated image in my mind--reminds me of a joke I once heard on Johnny Carson. I cannot remember the name of the comedian though I think he went on to become rather well known. He wasn't at the time, though. He was talking about his move to California and the lifestyle here and he mentioned wanting to buy a California bathing suit, the kind, you know, that "makes you look like you're trying to smuggle grapes into the country."

That's another unforgettable image.

I am seeing it more and more now in my local grocery store.  I am not sure why they do it.  I was wondering if maybe there was a ban on mirrors that I hadn't heard about.

bansidhe

• The Menagerie
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2013, 05:31:02 PM »
I have lots and lots and lots. For years I worked as a vet tech on the emergency shift and I've done wildlife rehab for ages. Not going to share those stories. I also worked at a human urgent care but the stories from there are mostly just gross rather than upsetting. My husband is a forensic scientist, but I find that stuff really cool.

What I will share here is a work-related story. Years ago, the company I worked for hired a guy I'll just call G. He was in the same position I was but at a lower level, so I was training him and double-checking his work. He was an arrogant pain in the posterior and wasn't all that good at the job to boot and my teammates and I didn't care for him much.

One day I walked over to his desk to leave some document or another for him and as I set the paper down I saw - before I even knew what I was looking at - his paycheck. The ninny had left it right out in the open on his desk.

He was getting paid more than I was. Like a lot more. It's been 10 years and I'm still annoyed when I think about it.

Esan ozenki!

Arizona

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2013, 05:34:42 PM »
something which was fascinating and kind of icky at the same time. Someone sent me photos of a guy with a dragon tattooed on and all around his nether regions. so the wings of the dragon were on either side of his equipment, and the actual equipment was the dragons head. and he was tattooed all the way around to his backside as well.

and on his backside, he was tattooed all around, and all the way into the orifice back there. I still don't know how he did it, and who would want to tattoo that.

but it was also very beautiful, if you didn't think about where it actually was.

if you're interested Google "puff the magic dragon tattoo" 

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2013, 05:42:02 PM »
Sooo..that's a false on snopes.  As a healthcare provider I wasn't all too freaked about it but it seemed that some basic anatomy was missing from the pic (nipple). Someone had too much time on their hands and is way too talented with photoshop. Rest easy.

I know it's not true.  However, the image still gives me chills to look at it.  It might just be a reaction I have, but it's just something that I feel when I look at the picture.  It's a "thing I wish I never saw."

(I might have misunderstood the thread - do the things have to be real?)

« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:44:18 PM by DottyG »

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2013, 05:44:16 PM »
I was at a website  innocently looking at show-biz pictures when some troll posted multiple disgusting pictures of poop. >:(  Disgusting doesn't even describe them, but I'm on an etiquette site.

Kaora

• I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2013, 05:54:51 PM »
I looked at the post-mortem photography against my better judgement.  Some of them aren't bad, until you realize that the person is dead.

There's a picture of a deceased Russian noble and his wife on Wikipedia somewhere, which was taken once they were dug out after being buried alive.  I wish I hadn't seen that, too.

However, I'm perfectly fine with gravestones.  They are oddly pretty, and I love looking at graveaddiction.  Some of the weeping willow styles are just lovely, even if sad.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 05:56:35 PM by Kaora »