Author Topic: Things you wish you never saw . . . please see Post #46, pg. 4, before posting  (Read 7782 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: Things you wish you never saw
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2013, 06:25:46 PM »
(I might have misunderstood the thread - do the things have to be real?)

I don't think so - just stuff you wish you'd never seen.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2013, 07:29:28 PM »

No, the things don't have to be real, however . . .

Please resist posting "pron" links and thoughts.

I guess this topic is a rather loaded question (not my intent) and I agree with most of the posters that those are things I would also not want to see, even though I've mistakenly run across a few of them myself.

Can we, please, stay on the gentler side of things you wish you never saw? Otherwise, I'm sure this thread will be locked.

Thanks.

Kaora

• I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
Concurred with jpcher.  I was wondering at a couple pieces of info, which I was sure broke the site's ToS.

MOM21SON

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2013, 07:41:24 PM »

I guess this topic is a rather loaded question (not my intent) and I agree with most of the posters that those are things I would also not want to see, even though I've mistakenly run across a few of them myself.

Can we, please, stay on the gentler side of things you wish you never saw? Otherwise, I'm sure this thread will be locked.

Thanks.

Oh good!  The people of walmart can stay!

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2013, 08:17:57 PM »

Thanks.

On the lighter side of things, I also saw upper supervision play Rock, Paper, Scissors, Rooster Punch. Another thing to giggle at during all calls  ;D
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

heyyoume

I was in Papua New Guinea for work and talking to a local staff member when a cricket flew past.  It was a pretty substantial cricket - maybe three cm fat and a good ten cm long.  My coworker grabbed it, broke the wings, and tucked it in her shirt pocket.  In good ehell fashion I didn't comment and tried to keep the conversation going but my facial expression obviously wasn't as neutral as it should have been as I watched the cricket crawl all over her and keep getting tucked back in her pocked.  She interrupted the conversation to explain that it was good protein and would be cooked for dinner.   

This was the highlands and meat was apparently pretty scarce and quite expensive.

The reason I sometimes wish I hadn't seen it is that every time I begin to complain about not having anything I want to eat in the house that image pops into my head, and I instantly feel guilty because I am so privileged.  Sometimes it would be nice to crave ice-cream without feeling guilty :).

Reika

I've learned to be wary of any links from 4chan. I'll leave it at that. ;)

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
I actually read some of the tweets going for the Twitter hashtag #LiberalTipsToAvoidRape today.  I wish I hadn't.  Even ignoring the political affiliation "jokes," it makes me sad that so many people think rape is something to wish on someone and/or joke about.

diesel_darlin

I've learned to be wary of any links from 4chan. I'll leave it at that. ;)

I learned this the hard way as well.  ;D

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2013, 01:03:43 AM »
Heh.  Every  now and again, a rather naive co-worker will ask "What does (innocuous-sounding phrase) mean?", and I'll be all "I can tell you if you really want me to  - it's better than Googling it at work and finding out the hard way that it's not nearly as innocuous as it sounds."

I wish I'd had you handy when I first heard of something gross which has a name that's a variant on an ungulate. And when someone mentioned a (presumably renegade) version of a favorite (and totally work-safe) webcomic involving that gross thing. I imagined stick figures and ungulates. I got something else entirely. That is when I learned not to Google pop-culture phrases at work without verifying at least a probability of work-safeness.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Library Dragon

There was a job posting in another city.  For fun I sometimes look at housing and play "If we moved" games with DH.  My mind is still reeling from this one:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/4471-Palm-Mesa-Dr_Las-Vegas_NV_89120_M25714-98992.

It looks like an audition for a hoarding reality show. 

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

girlysprite

• I like big books, and I cannot lie
The movie 'hobo with a shotgun'. The movie is gory and very very voilent. It reveled in showing the goriest voilence possible, including the burning of a schoolbus with children.

And on another topic: when I was 16, I found links to romantic contact sites for men interested in other men. First I innocently thought it was due to popups, but as more links were added to the cache on a regularbasis I realizedsomeone was visiting them on purpose. Yhe only other user of that computer was my father.
Just to be clear, the webpages themselves weren't gross or anything like that. But it was hard to come up with a way to tell my mom. 2 weeks after telling the divorce was announced.
I am not blaming myself btw. It would have happened sooner or later anyways, and everyone actually got better from it in the end.

TexasRanger

• Bondye Bon
I once saw a series of videos (not PETA) about the fur trade in China. Let's just say what happened to the poor raccoon dog will never leave my mind.  :( Especially the part where the animal will still living after being skinned alive.
Bourik swe pou chwal dekore ak dentel

Shalamar

I remember watching a documentary  - it might have been Fast Food Nation - that showed a baby chick being killed because it wasn't good enough to be turned into nuggets, I guess.  I'll never forget the expression of shock and pain on the poor little thing's face.   :(

CrochetFanatic

There's a scene in the movie "The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood" where the main character has a flashback to when her siblings all caught a stomach bug.  It was graphic.  I'll leave it at that.