Author Topic: Things you wish you never saw . . . please see Post #46, pg. 4, before posting  (Read 7454 times)

SmarterPrimate

Ooooh. Photos of poor babies suffering from Harlequin Ichthyosis disease. Photos of adults look to be in just as much pain, but there's just something about how the disease affects a newborn...  :'(

To save you from the images that will appear on a Google search, it's (very basically) a rare skin disorder that causes a sufferer to produce as many skin cells overnight as normal people produce in 2 weeks. The skin grows in large, scaly patches that can break at the slightest movement, causing much pain and threat of infection. The skin around the eyes and mouth a particularly affected, giving babies with this disease a very strange appearance.

You can imagine the difficulty of dealing with it as an adult, but as a child or baby? So sad  :(

Just Lori

• USA
Warning - pet death mentioned:  I am very distressed by dead pets on the side of a highway.  I have a very hard time getting the image out of my mind.

MissRose

I work for an internet provider, and do some website troubleshooting from time to time.  Lets say that I am not shocked by what I've seen mainly the various scrabble related sites.  There have been times I wish I did not see certain things.

wonderfullyanonymous

Big girl, with a bigger bootie.

Micro rise jeans, you know the ones that only belong on someone so skinny their hip bones stick out, that barely cover the "b" of said bootie. A pair of lime green lacey thong undies.   

Yeah, that image will be forever burned in my eyeballs.

QueenofAllThings

My son's Facebook page, his freshman year of college. Ouch.

Also, the scene from 'Bridesmaids' where they all get Montezuma's Revenge at the same time. No thank you.

perpetua

The Elephant Man's death mask.

girlysprite

• I like big books, and I cannot lie
Ooooh. Photos of poor babies suffering from Harlequin Ichthyosis disease. Photos of adults look to be in just as much pain, but there's just something about how the disease affects a newborn...  :'(

To save you from the images that will appear on a Google search, it's (very basically) a rare skin disorder that causes a sufferer to produce as many skin cells overnight as normal people produce in 2 weeks. The skin grows in large, scaly patches that can break at the slightest movement, causing much pain and threat of infection. The skin around the eyes and mouth a particularly affected, giving babies with this disease a very strange appearance.

You can imagine the difficulty of dealing with it as an adult, but as a child or baby? So sad  :(

I saw some pictures too, once. Sometimes it's barely recognisable as a baby, and looks moe like something from a horror movie.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
February, 2009.  Warning:  death.  Leaving space for those who wish to scroll past.

5:30 AM, I get a phone call.  It's the hospital, calling to tell me that if I want to see Mom, now's the time.  She's dying.  M and I hop on the El, and arrive an hour later.  I'm told that she passed very soon after I was called (I hope to my core that they called me as soon as she took a turn, because I hate to think of her in a bad way for hours, wondering where I am, and I'm only just notified as she's about to die.)  After I compose myself (tho this day I am ashamed that I cried for maybe 30 seconds, and then never again), I go to the nurses' station and ask about her things.  They tell me they're still in the room that she was in, and I can go in and get them if I want.

I go in, and her body is still in there, uncovered.  I am *very* thanatophobic.  I (very quietly) freaked.  I moved out of the room like it was on fire.  M was consoling me, and when asked, M told a nurse the situation.  The nurse (bless her) went in and got the things, and was apologizing for it.  It wasn't anybody's fault, but I *really* wish I hadn't seen that.

There's an even worse one, but I don't think I should post it.  PM me if you really want to know, but know in advance that it concerns spousal abuse.

Elisabunny

I saw some pictures too, once. Sometimes it's barely recognisable as a baby, and looks moe like something from a horror movie.

While I was reading Wonder, a very good book about a boy with facial/cranial deformities, I looked up the condition it said he had.  Some of those poor babies, I couldn't even quite tell what I was looking at. :'(
You must remember this: a ghoti is still a fish...

Moonie

I wish I could "unsee" the Facebook posts with pictures of abused animals. I know it exists. I am all for supporting animal rights. I just don't need to see it. It gives me bad dreams.

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
I wish I could "unsee" the Facebook posts with pictures of abused animals. I know it exists. I am all for supporting animal rights. I just don't need to see it. It gives me bad dreams.

Me too. I've had to hide a couple of friends recently because there seems to be a big "Help stop animal abuse! Share this horrible, graphic photo!" trend. I'm not one of those people who can see something, have a flare of anger on its behalf, then forget it. When something upsets me it continues to upset me for a long time.  :-\

ica171

• Must Add Fabric Softener

If you post photos of abused animals, children with horrible diseases, abused children, etc, you will be immediately unfriended by my husband. He has a zero tolerance policy about that stuff and he's a huge gory horror movie fan.

ladiedeathe

• Pushing the bounds of ministry, one gasp at a time.
Google image "werewolf on stairs". Somebody posted that image on their facebook page, and I hit it without warning. Had nightmares for a week.
"Here to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable. Have chalice, will travel."

Arrynne

Even worse was the post with the DEAD BABY!!!! Blue lips and a man's hand throttling the little throat.  It made me physically ill.   Next time I find garbage like that in my facebook thread, someone is getting unfriended. 

CrochetFanatic

The Facebook photos.  Yep.  There's someone I'm considering defriending because of that.  What really made me consider the defriending was a photo of a newborn who was born with his heart on the outside of his body.  The caption said something about Facebook donating a dollar for every "Share" that was made, but I couldn't bring myself to share it.  I sort of resent things that say "Share this or blah-blah-blah" anyway, truth be known...