Author Topic: SO Things you wish you never saw - Pics that make you happy  (Read 2367 times)

Dr. F.

Re: SO Things you wish you never saw - Pics that make you happy
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2013, 07:26:11 PM »
This: http://www.pbase.com/paul42/image/119065195

Party, because I was there, and partly because I know the horse, the woman he owns, and the remarkable photographer that captured the moment ;) .

Sampson, a black Percheron, and Kiva Fyrewulf are performers at the Texas Renaissance Festival. In 2009, this tiny little fae stopped by to visit and give him a wee peck... and.. magic happened. *Squeee*s abounded!

This is quite possibly the most adorable thing I've ever seen. I plan on looking at it whenever I'm feeling down or stressed.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2013, 10:11:43 AM »
That is so cute, and makes me want to try to get to the Maryland Ren fair the next time around, just cause I miss going! :)

Not really a picture, but seeing and hearing trains make me happy.  Last night when I picked up my eldest from an event at the church, I could hear a train before I could see it, as it was dark out and the cars were dark.  But there's tracks across the street from the church so often we see them passing when arriving. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2013, 07:49:44 PM »
Not a picture, but a  video:

http://www.viddler.com/embed/70d1d214/?f=1&offset=0&autoplay=0&secret=48017121&disablebranding=0

Recap: A high school basketball team has a developmentally disabled boy as their team manager.  The boy is deeply passionate about basketball and so that he could have what the coach called "his moment in time", the coach places the manager, Mitchell, in the last few minutes of their final game, no matter the score.  Though his team mates gave him several opportunities, Mitchell could not score a basket until a very kind and considerate boy on the *opposing team* calls to him and passes him the ball so he can score in the final seconds of the game.  Truly heartwarming.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2013, 04:30:58 PM »
Animated gif found on Imgur:

http://i.imgur.com/MEmxA9R.gif

Kaora

• I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2013, 05:58:11 PM »
No picture, just a story. :)

My BF's family owns a big, Golden Lab, her name's Daisy, and she has a personality like Dug in Up. He has a group of little girls who love taking Daisy for walks, they don't even do it for the money.

One day he told me that Daisy was out for a walk while heading back to his house.  Next thing I see is a lab bounding down the sidewalk, on a harness, and a little girl on roller skates zipping behind. :)

That was the world's happiest dog, and the world's happiest little girl. :)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 06:05:38 PM by Kaora »

mmswm

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2013, 06:06:11 PM »
No picture, just a story. :)

My BF's family owns a big, Golden Lab, her name's Daisy.  He has a group of little girls who love taking Daisy for walks, they don't even do it for the money.

One day he told me that Daisy was out for a walk while heading back to his house.  Next thing I see is a lab bounding down the sidewalk, on a harness, and a little girl on roller skates zipping behind. :)

That was the world's happiest dog, and the world's happiest little girl. :)

Oh, how funny!  I wish I'd gotten a picture of this, but yesterday my boys decided to tie some ropes to Baxter's harness and use them reigns to pull youngest DS around the driveway in his wheelchair.  I stepped back inside to grab a camera, but the boys figured they were in trouble and disconnected the dog before I could get back outside.  Too bad, since the dog and the boys looked like they were having a grand time.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)