Author Topic: Stories to restore your faith in humanity  (Read 3671 times)

elephantschild

Stories to restore your faith in humanity
« on: August 27, 2012, 05:52:53 PM »
http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-true-stories-that-will-restore-your-faith-in-humanity/

Warning: NSFW. It's cracked.com; it doesn't shy away from profanity. But if you don't mind that, it might make you smile. :)

And that last random photo? The happy dog in the street? I haven't laughed that hard in a while.  ;D
"But there was one Elephant -- a new Elephant -- an Elephant's Child--who was full of 'satiable curtiosity, and that means he asked ever so many questions."
-- "Just So Stories," Rudyard Kipling

GraceSullivan

Re: Stories to restore your faith in humanity
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 02:12:07 PM »
That was awesome, thanks for posting.  Some of those stories made me tear up, but many cracked (no pun intended!) me up!

Softly Spoken

• "I am a hawk on a cliff..."
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 01:25:14 AM »
I spend waaay too much time on their site, and I loved the above article.  ;D
"... for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-William Shakespeare

"We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't."  ~Frank A. Clark

Yankeegal77

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 08:34:17 PM »
I LOVE Cracked and read this several times before even posting it on Facebook. :)

This really *did* restore my faith in humanity. And if you want to see something really heartwarming, "Like" John and Scoep on Facebook. The man whose dog saved him from severe depression is now the recipient of laser treatments because of the story of their swims becoming viral and folks donating money to help out with the costs. Schoep's arthritis is getting better with this treatment and he is a celebrity. :)

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 09:04:05 PM »
The stories are great and heartwarming, but the little video of the puppy just cracked me up. How insanely cute is that??? ;D

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 09:20:45 PM »
Thanks for posting the link.  I loved reading the stories.  But I wanted to reach through the screen to help the puppy trying to rollover. 

Yankeegal77

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 03:05:51 PM »
Oh, wow, do I ever have egg on my face! I did read this piece a long time ago and loved it!

But I saw the title and thought of a completely different article. So sorry if my post confused anyone! Here is the link:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/moments-that-restored-our-faith-in-humanity-this-y

Not to threadjack--I didn't want to delete my post without an apology and clarification! :)

kckgirl

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 03:24:06 PM »
I really have to pay attention when I'm reading the list of threads. While obviously skimming, I read "stories to restore your faith in laundry." Who needs faith in laundry? :)
Maryland

Jones

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 12:12:26 AM »
I wanted to share a great story I read on a news site today. Essentially, it's about a little boy who got to meet the man whose daughter gave the toddler her heart (organ donation). Warning: you may need a tissue.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=24013511&nid=148&title=toddlers-meeting-with-donor-family-a-heart-reunion-for-father&fm=home_page&s_cid=queue-18