General Etiquette > Family and Children

sister in law doesnt seem to want to visit help!

(1/9) > >>

LilacRosey:
I want to go visit my brother and his wife soon. I visit every 3 or four months bujt every time it seems my sister in law is busy no matter how much I plan in advance. I really like her but she is always doing something when I visit and I only see her for a couple of hours. And my brother works so its hard to schedule around both of them. Is there a way to ask my sister in law to make some time for me?, LilacRosey

sweetonsno:
Why not invite them to come stay with you? That way, they will hopefully have free time (I'd imagine that they could get a day or two off from work). If you arrange for time off as well, then everybody will be on basically the same schedule. You can arrange for activities with all three of you, some one-on-one activities with your SIL (if she's comfortable with it), and some couple time for the two of them.

LilacRosey:
I would love to but I life in an efficiency one bedroom apartment. I don't stay with them because they cant host me due to my disability and stairs. I stay at a motel when I visit. I do see them at my parent's for many holidays though., LilacRosey

sweetonsno:
Hmm. Have you had a chat with your brother about this? Is it possible that your SIL doesn't want to spend time with you one on one for some reason?

cicero:

--- Quote from: LilacRosey on February 21, 2013, 02:47:22 AM ---I want to go visit my brother and his wife soon. I visit every 3 or four months bujt every time it seems my sister in law is busy no matter how much I plan in advance. I really like her but she is always doing something when I visit and I only see her for a couple of hours. And my brother works so its hard to schedule around both of them. Is there a way to ask my sister in law to make some time for me?, LilacRosey

--- End quote ---
It might help us to help you if we understand your SIL's schedule a bit. Does she work, are there children, is she in school? do you visit them several times a year, as well as see them over major holidays? because i have to be honest with you, if my SIL would visit me every few months, i probably wouldn't have that much time for her either - and I happen to love and get along with my two SILs and one of my BIL. i dont' even have much time for my siblings when they visit once a year - and my siblings don't have much time for me either when i visit them... we all work/have children/homes/etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version