General Etiquette > Family and Children

sister in law doesnt seem to want to visit help!

<< < (9/9)

Moray:
Guys, the OP hasn't been logged in since the 24th.

MrTango:

--- Quote from: MUD on February 25, 2013, 03:48:41 PM ---It would seem that your sister in law has a problem with you. Why not just come right out and ask her instead of trying to skirt the issue?

--- End quote ---

The bolded is pretty much how I interpret the situation.

Always being busy and not having time to visit with someone is one tool we can use to avoid spending time with someoney we do not care for.

I'd be very cautious, however, with the second part of MUD's suggestion.  It might spark more open hostility.

Welcome to the forum, MUD!

PurpleFrog:

--- Quote from: Lynn2000 on February 28, 2013, 02:54:52 PM ---OP, I seem to recall from another thread that you have a DH and a baby, or maybe are expecting...? I could be mixed up. But if not, do you go to visit your Bro and SIL alone, or with DH (and baby) as well?

I ask because I would see a difference between your whole family coming to visit my whole family, and you alone coming to visit--for the latter I might think you were mainly interested in seeing your Bro and perhaps the nieces/nephews (if they exist), but I wouldn't think you were specifically looking to spend time with me. Whereas if it's your whole family, I would expect to have a get-together with my whole family at least once, like a backyard BBQ or something, and I would make time for that (if given enough notice).

--- End quote ---

I seem to recall that op is single, is it possible you're thinking of  lilacgirl has a dh & 2 children?

Lynn2000:

--- Quote from: PurpleFrog on February 28, 2013, 03:38:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: Lynn2000 on February 28, 2013, 02:54:52 PM ---OP, I seem to recall from another thread that you have a DH and a baby, or maybe are expecting...? I could be mixed up. But if not, do you go to visit your Bro and SIL alone, or with DH (and baby) as well?

I ask because I would see a difference between your whole family coming to visit my whole family, and you alone coming to visit--for the latter I might think you were mainly interested in seeing your Bro and perhaps the nieces/nephews (if they exist), but I wouldn't think you were specifically looking to spend time with me. Whereas if it's your whole family, I would expect to have a get-together with my whole family at least once, like a backyard BBQ or something, and I would make time for that (if given enough notice).

--- End quote ---

I seem to recall that op is single, is it possible you're thinking of  lilacgirl has a dh & 2 children?

--- End quote ---

Oh, gosh, I think you're right. Lilacgirl /= LilacRosey. Sorry!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version