Author Topic: who to write thank you note to?  (Read 880 times)

Dr. F.

who to write thank you note to?
« on: February 22, 2013, 04:19:10 PM »
Hi all,

I just interviewed for a job, and would like to send a thank you note to the search committee who interviewed me. However, I'm not entirely sure who is on the committee.

I only met with them as a group once, for 30 minutes, at the end of a fairly grueling 2-day interview process. I met with about 30 people total, and I honestly can't remember who all is on the committee and who isn't. I remember 4 or 5, but there's a couple I'm not sure about. I'd hate to send a TYN to some, but not all, of the committee, and it'd be embarrassing to send one to someone who ISN'T on the committee. I ought to have written it down at the time, but I was feeling like I'd just spend 2 solid days (seriously - these were 14 hour days) being beaten with nettles. I was a little loopy.

And, no, there is no list anywhere in the material they gave me.

I thought about just sending it to the chair, but I'd hate to neglect anyone.

Suggestions?

baritone108

Re: who to write thank you note to?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 04:28:59 PM »
Send it to the chair and start out by saying you'd like to thank everyone on the committee for taking the time ...

Dr. F.

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 07:42:33 PM »
Send it to the chair and start out by saying you'd like to thank everyone on the committee for taking the time ...

Thank You! That seems obvious, but it was the nudge I needed!

bopper

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 10:49:54 AM »
Check out the forum on the Chronicle of Higher Education for more input. There is a specific subforum for interviewing.