A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

S/O of 'Clean Your House' books, Books, Books!

<< < (6/6)

KenveeB:
I use an app called MyStuff2 for cataloging my books and movies. It has the barcode scanner, and you can label them by genre and series, plus label their location as well.

demarco:
After reading KenveeB's and Sophia's posts I did a quick sampling of our collection.  It looks like  half of our books don't have barcodes.  Too bad because I like the idea of organization through scanning.

Thipu1:

--- Quote from: CakeBeret on February 22, 2013, 03:19:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: Editeer on February 21, 2013, 06:18:53 PM ---We do it this way, too. We have somewhere over 2,000 books, sorted by genre/subject and then partly by size. The idea is to put things where they make sense to *you*. For instance, my husband has several shelves of "Fiction I Studied in College." He keeps those books all together because it's a meaningful category for him. I used to keep a history of the Donner Party with the cookbooks. (It amused me, if no one else.)

--- End quote ---

Just so you know, I'm sitting here giggling maniacally at my desk.

--- End quote ---

Back in the 1980s, a friend and I wrote about a dozen interactive murder mysteries.  To help us, I bought several books in the 'How Done It' series.  'Deadly Doses', the book about poisons, still sits on the shelf with our cookbooks.  Guests who knew about the mysteries enjoyed the joke.  Those who didn't, did not eat very much when they visited.

Wonder why.  ::)

KenveeB:

--- Quote from: demarco on February 22, 2013, 06:30:46 PM ---After reading KenveeB's and Sophia's posts I did a quick sampling of our collection.  It looks like  half of our books don't have barcodes.  Too bad because I like the idea of organization through scanning.

--- End quote ---

I had quite a few books I had to enter by hand. It takes a little more time, but you get a rhthym going and move pretty quickly. :)

AmethystAnne:
Thipu...thank you for posting your query! I don't think I've got as many books as you do.(envious!)  But I have a similar problem. Books and movies everywhere! Thank you everyone, the suggestions are great!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version