Author Topic: The Missing Box Lunch  (Read 8479 times)

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
Re: The Missing Box Lunch
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2013, 12:21:33 PM »
...  Instead of waiting for a new boxed lunch to arrive, someone would offer to share and someone would accept.

Yes, and those same two people would have then also shared the "new" lunch when it was delivered.

lmyrs

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2013, 02:32:19 PM »
If everyone ordered their own thing, then someone's specific lunch was missing. I don't understand why that person was incapable of calling the deli. Unless AD banned all phone access, I don't see why all the blame is being lumped on to her. If I order 2 turkey, 2 ham, 2 veggie and 2 roast beef sandwiches plus drinks and chips (or whatever) and 1 of the hams doesn't show up, I would probably call. But, I'd also assume that the fully formed adult that ordered the ham could also make a call. And, if I ordered a ham and it wasn't there, I wouldn't want to share with the roast beef or turkey, so I'd take ownership of myself and the money that I spent and fix it with a single phone call.

Seriously, the AD could have fixed this. Maybe should have fixed this. But I don't understand why the person who paid for a lunch that didn't show up didn't put on their big kid pants and pick up the phone.

LazyDaisy

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2013, 02:44:17 PM »
It's possible that they were never charged because the deli heard 1 ham instead of 2 when the order was taken. The only way to know would be to check the receipt. I'm guessing because nobody called up the deli about the missing lunch that they did check the receipt, saw that they only paid for 1, and rather than start a new order, two people volunteered to share (with hopefully a full refund of any money already paid) We don't really know that part because the OP wasn't there, and neither was her coworker friend.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." Douglas Adams

Otterpop

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2013, 07:36:24 AM »
I know it's been said before but if this was a "team building" lunch then it should have been paid for by the company.  AD commandeered the employees free time and choice of food, then screwed up the distribution.  The frustration was then vented at a completely innocent employee.  Doesn't bode well for this department.