Author Topic: Calling an Angry Customer - Curious Update, Post #30, #47  (Read 8696 times)

LadyClaire

• Super Hero!
Re: Calling an Angry Customer - Curious Update, Post #30
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2013, 11:33:02 AM »
Why would anyone need a card to make a deposit at a teller? 

That's the normal MO at my bank.

My bank lets you make a deposit without a card when you're using a teller. You only need the card if you're making a deposit at the night deposit drop.

fluffy

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2013, 01:17:25 PM »
I'm going to go ahead and guess that it was a rather small balance.  ;D  >:D

All jokes aside, your coworker definitely goofed up, and the customer had the right to be angry. But I also think that a manger apologizing, promising to have words with the teller, and letting the customer know that they'd made a software/policy change so it won't happen again should have been more than enough.

I've made very few CS complaints in my day, and they've pretty much all resulted in form letters with vague, hand-wavy statements. And if I bother to send a complaint email, someone definitely did something wrong! I'd be ecstatic to get a real apology and to learn that concrete changes had been made.

Girlie

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2013, 01:40:32 PM »
Apparently, the deposits were being given to a third person. Actual Customer was giving money to "Angry Customer," who was pulling up in the bank parking lot and allowing a younger family member to come in and make the deposit.

Angry Customer, as it turns out, isn't even our customer.
We never heard anything from our Actual Customer.

The way I see it, Actual Customer had the right to be upset, but Angry Customer was way out of line. Not to mention that as it turns out, Angry-Not-Actually-A-Customer accused our teller of giving the balance to the younger family member because she was trying to FLIRT!  :o
Completely, absolutely, ridiculous.
Maybe that's the reason my manager changed her mind - the absurdity is baffling.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2013, 05:42:08 PM »
Why would anyone need a card to make a deposit at a teller? 

That's the normal MO at my bank.

My bank lets you make a deposit without a card when you're using a teller. You only need the card if you're making a deposit at the night deposit drop.

I have accounts at a couple different places - one bank only requires a deposit slip and whatever you're depositing to make the deposit - if I'm taking money out, I need to present ID. If I want the balance, that requires an ID and it's printed separately, on the back of the receipt. My credit union is halfway across the country, so I use "shared branching" where I go into a local credit union that's part of a larger network of credit unions. There, I always have to show ID, but they also always print the balance on the receipt.

DF & I pay the rent by depositing cash directly into our landlady's account (it's easier - I ran out of checks years ago and never bothered re-ordering, as I almost never use them). In that case, I just walk into the bank, show them her name & address, hand over the money, and get a receipt. The receipt does NOT have the full account number on it, nor does it include the account balance. It just shows the amount of the deposit and that it went into an account with 1234 as the last 4 digits of the account number.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

HappilyInsane

Re: Calling an Angry Customer - Curious Update, Post #30, #47
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2013, 03:12:45 AM »
At my credit union, I can deposit money into anyone's account by giving their name and address (or at least the street name, just to verify they have the right person). I just ask them to mail the receipt to the account holder as if they had dropped the money in the night deposit.

pierrotlunaire0

• I'm the cat's aunt!
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2013, 09:57:01 AM »
Angry Customer, as it turns out, isn't even our customer.
We never heard anything from our Actual Customer.

That is outrageous.
I have enough lithium in my medicine cabinet to power three cars across a sizeable desert.  Which makes me officially...Three Cars Crazy