General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

Mindy McCready's ex-fiance speaks

(1/5) > >>

Winterlight:
link

--- Quote ---Dean Cain, who was engaged to the singer for about a year starting in 1997, tells People, "I'm saddened to hear of her passing, but I'm not surprised."

Apparently, it wasn't drugs and alcohol that ultimately forced the former Lois & Clark star to break off their union, but McCready's manipulative, dishonest behavior. "She was never abusive or addictive with me, but red flags were everywhere," he tells the magazine. "I saw all the bad signs and told her to get out." To escape the situation, he had to leave his own home for a hotel. "Everything she did was a manipulation of sorts. She would just get combative."
--- End quote ---

You've been split up for fifteen years. She died five days ago. You couldn't wait to trash her to the press? What about a simple, "My thoughts are with her children at this terrible time?"

Sharnita:
It is possible she put him through hell.  I feel badly for her kids but I feel badly for everyone who tried to help and love her and suffered as a result.  I don't know what she siad or did to him and I don't know what pain or scars he still bears.  If I recall he was on a tv show with Chirs Kyle who just died tragically.  Then this happened.  Ideally he would have said something different but then ideally she would be alive and wouldn't have hurt the people she loved.

TurtleDove:
POD to Sharnita.  I don't see how what he said was trashing her.

oceanus:
I think that regardless of veracity, Deanís remarks were in very poor taste.  Iím not saying he should be a hypocrite or throw praise at someone who he doesnít feel deserves it, but he should have said less and worded it differently.

audrey1962:
I think that when we lose a loved one, especially from suicide, we're not always thinking straight. I try not to judge those who have lost someone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version