General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

who to write thank you note to?

(1/1)

Dr. F.:
Hi all,

I just interviewed for a job, and would like to send a thank you note to the search committee who interviewed me. However, I'm not entirely sure who is on the committee.

I only met with them as a group once, for 30 minutes, at the end of a fairly grueling 2-day interview process. I met with about 30 people total, and I honestly can't remember who all is on the committee and who isn't. I remember 4 or 5, but there's a couple I'm not sure about. I'd hate to send a TYN to some, but not all, of the committee, and it'd be embarrassing to send one to someone who ISN'T on the committee. I ought to have written it down at the time, but I was feeling like I'd just spend 2 solid days (seriously - these were 14 hour days) being beaten with nettles. I was a little loopy.

And, no, there is no list anywhere in the material they gave me.

I thought about just sending it to the chair, but I'd hate to neglect anyone.

Suggestions?

baritone108:
Send it to the chair and start out by saying you'd like to thank everyone on the committee for taking the time ...

Dr. F.:

--- Quote from: baritone108 on February 22, 2013, 04:28:59 PM ---Send it to the chair and start out by saying you'd like to thank everyone on the committee for taking the time ...

--- End quote ---

Thank You! That seems obvious, but it was the nudge I needed!

bopper:
Check out the forum on the Chronicle of Higher Education for more input. There is a specific subforum for interviewing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version