Author Topic: The looooooong goodbye  (Read 3379 times)

Bluenomi

Re: The looooooong goodbye
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2013, 07:17:35 PM »
MIL can be like this but thankfully we usually fly to her place so having to leave to go to the airport drastically cuts down the amount of time she can faff around for!

JeanFromBNA

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2013, 07:22:07 PM »
Yep, BTDT.  DH loves to tell stories and gossip.  He's been better about getting out the door, but sometimes, I will just announce that I will wait in the car, or walk home.  That usually works.   

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2013, 07:43:59 PM »
My mother used to make me nuts when I'd go to play with friends because she'd show up at the assigned time to pick me up and would hurry me up to get ready and  leave.  Then she'd spend an hour talking to friend's mom.  But I wasn't allowed to spend that time playing or talking to friend.  Often I'd be hustled out to the car, told to get in and get my seatbelt on, then she'd spend about an hour leaning against the car talking to friend's mother. 

But I wasn't allowed to get out of the car to talk to friend for that time.   ::)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata