Author Topic: Assignment help, please  (Read 1644 times)

heyyoume

Re: Assignment help, please
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2013, 04:47:13 PM »
1.  Sometimes
2.  Sometimes
3.  Sometimes

raininshadows

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2013, 04:58:53 PM »
Hi Everyone,

My 4th grader needs to complete a data investigation on a topic of his own choosing. His investigation question is: How many more people buy a product when there is a competition and do they continue to buy the product when it is over?

Now, he won't be able to access actual sales data to determine the answer to his question, so he has decided to conduct a 3 question survey to collect initial data.

1. Do you buy a product because there is a competition?  Yes / No / Sometimes

2. Do you continue to buy the product after the competition is finished?  Yes / No / Sometimes

3. Do competitions make you switch brands?  Yes / No / Sometimes

Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cricket and Jimney :)

1. No.
2. No.
3. No.

Often I don't even notice there's a competition running, or they're for something useless to me. And as I'm in the US, there's always the option of going to their website, printing out the no-purchase entry form, and mailing it in. I hope the school project goes well!

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2013, 05:06:58 PM »
1. No
2. No
3. No

I've never seen one on a product I use, that  would change it a little. I would go ahead and buy extras ahead, never a product I don't use anyway, and keep it up if I do use it. So the contests have little effect on my purchasing.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2013, 06:57:19 PM »
1. Do you buy a product because there is a competition?  Yes / No / Sometimes

2. Do you continue to buy the product after the competition is finished?  Yes / No / Sometimes

3. Do competitions make you switch brands?  Yes / No / Sometimes

1) Sometimes/No - Not unless I am inclined to buy it anyway. For example, I might buy a candy bar if there's a contest and I'm kinda wanting one, whereas I might try a little harder to resist candy if there weren't. But I won't buy it if I'm not wanting it anyway.

2) Only if I'd already buy it anyway. (So "no" I guess <G>)

3) No - I tend to be relatively brand-loyal.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2013, 07:04:29 PM »
1) Sometimes/No - Not unless I am inclined to buy it anyway. For example, I might buy a candy bar if there's a contest and I'm kinda wanting one, whereas I might try a little harder to resist candy if there weren't. But I won't buy it if I'm not wanting it anyway.

Totally OT:  This reminds me of waaaaaay back in high school.  The 'Mr. Big' chocolate bars had a number on the inside of the wrapper.  It was a point total for Wayne Gretzky (a hockey player for those who are not sports inclined).  A friend of mine ate her chocolate bar and was going to toss the wrapper.  I snagged it from her.  If, at the end of the regular season, Gretzky's final point total matched what was on the wrapper, you mailed it in and got a hockey jersey.  With one game to go, his total was 211.  My wrapper number was 212.  I didn't think for one second that Gretzky would only get one point in that last game.  My brother knocked on my bedroom door the next morning:  Guess what, with a big grin.  And told me Gretzky'd only gotten one point.  I got a jersey that I wore to death and still have; my friend got a bottle of maple syrup.  She was quite happy with her consolation prize.

That point total still stands as the record; I don't think anyone else has even come close.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

catgal

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2013, 08:43:31 PM »
1. No
2. No
3. No

This will be exciting for your son to include in his report that his results have been sourced from around the world.
There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

Seraphim

• The impossible I do every day -- miracles merely take a few more phone-calls.
  • I'm not short, I'm concentrated Awesome!
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2013, 12:15:58 AM »

1. Do you buy a product because there is a competition?  Yes

2. Do you continue to buy the product after the competition is finished?   Sometimes

3. Do competitions make you switch brands?  Sometimes

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2013, 07:45:32 AM »
If you are talking about sales where you buy one get one free or some other discount or rebate, I have done this with products I am familiar with and would buy anyway, so my answer is... 

1.  Sometimes
2.  Sometimes
3.  Sometimes

I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

cwm

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2013, 11:08:40 AM »
1. No
2. No
3. No

With how much work it usually is to redeem something, it's not worth switching brands to me for the slight possibility of winning whatever it is they're trying to give away. Plus if I do win the big prize, the taxes on it are going to be prohibitive of me actually enjoying the prize anyway.

I would usually switch brands or try something new if they had a major sale going on and the price point was right, but for the statistically unlikely chance to go through the hassle of winning something, I'd rather just not.

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2013, 11:10:57 AM »
1. No
2. N/A
3. No

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!