News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• December 18, 2017, 01:37:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread  (Read 258580 times)

Dazi

• like the flower
Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #2085 on: December 14, 2017, 12:42:13 PM »
Well, today has been kind of a lazy day. It's my first official day of winter break from school. I'm still waiting on one final grade, but I'm pretty darn confident that I pulled straight A's this semester. I have everything set to go for spring semester, though being the chronic overachiever I am, I will be double checking my list again.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Outdoor Girl

Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #2086 on: December 14, 2017, 05:43:25 PM »
I had to take the day off to meet with the generator repair man so I took advantage of it and got some of my baking stuff done.  6 raspberry pies in the freezer, ready to bake.  Probably 3 of them for Christmas dessert.  And 175 mincemeat rolls in the freezer, ready to bake.  And enough mincemeat to make at least that many again.  Some of them will be for Christmas, the rest will be for the wedding in April.  I finished my Christmas cards this morning and got to the post office to get them mailed.

I still have a long list of things to do, including making bread and chelsea buns, making a batch of gingersnap cookies for my fFIL, making a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies for my Dad and wrapping gifts.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario