News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• June 27, 2017, 12:50:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: An Adult Should Really Know This - Silly Things You've Had to Tell People  (Read 1051835 times)

Minmom3

• Life moves onward and upward
Pretty sure I've posted this here before: 2 of my 3 children are redheads.  We took a 10 day trip to Hawai'i in 1997, and I wanted a gold medal because nobody got a sunburn!  DH complained constantly about the 'Elmer's Glue' consistency of the sunscreen, but he put it on anyway.  The girls had some parental help on top ups, and we were sticky as all get out what with the endless sand and goopy sunscreen, but - nobody got a sunburn!
Double MIL now; not yet a Grandma.  Owner of Lard Butt Noelle, kitteh extraordinaire!

vintagegal

Had a convo with someone on the Etsy site about 2" fabric squares I am selling. Wouldn't they finish up at 1" square after sewing, if you did a 1/4" seam on each side. No, I explained, 2 -  1/4" seams on the height leaves it 1.5" high. Two 1/4" seams on the width leaves it 1.5" wide. Thus it is 1.5" by 1.5".

Their reply, Oh, we calculated differently.

NO, YOU calculated WRONG.