News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• June 28, 2017, 09:22:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not Going To Happen 'Cause I'm Not Harry Potter (Impossible Patron Requests)  (Read 1317011 times)

GreenHall

HoneyBee42, that reminds me of when my work switched Rx companies.  Wanting to get set up before it was needed, I called in and tried to activate myself.  Well, apparently with this new contract new Rx company decided to give us alpha-numeric ID's.  But their system was only set up for numeric still...
I know how frustrated I got, and I can only imagine being customer service repeatedly getting these calls.  (I did not take frustration out on rep, but was frustrated.)

Catananche

I was never bothered by frustrated customers, even if they ranted a bit. I usually agreed with them that their situation was frustrating and I could understand why they were upset. (even if they sometimes caused the situation they were in)
While they were letting off steam I could usually get all the admin stuff out of the way and start problem solving the moment they stopped for breath.

Now, the death threats, bomb threats, the men who called for their personal ... pleasure, line hoggers and the people who only wanted to shout angry at the rep? All got a verbal warning before I hung up. And a note on their account, esp. the pleasure ones. Ick.
While no trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, thousands of pixels were inconvenienced

GreenHall

I was never bothered by frustrated customers, even if they ranted a bit. I usually agreed with them that their situation was frustrating and I could understand why they were upset. (even if they sometimes caused the situation they were in)
While they were letting off steam I could usually get all the admin stuff out of the way and start problem solving the moment they stopped for breath.

Now, the death threats, bomb threats, the men who called for their personal ... pleasure, line hoggers and the people who only wanted to shout angry at the rep? All got a verbal warning before I hung up. And a note on their account, esp. the pleasure ones. Ick.

ICK!!

Even when mad I am almost completely unable to pass that on to customer service.  Even when I get mad enough to write letters, it is still polite and rational (while I feel bad-*mule*). 

I just wish there was a way when calling certain customer service lines to say 'I know you have to try to sell me stuff, but I won't be buying more services, so can we save both of us time and not?

Minmom3

• Life moves onward and upward
What I see nearly 100% of the time when I need to enter any kind of date online is either dd/mm/yy or dd/mm/yyyy, or some variation of that, so you know exactly how they want you to enter that in.  We get lots of people over from Europe around here, accustomed to the non-American way of dating things, so having it spelled out just makes life easier.
Double MIL now; not yet a Grandma.  Owner of Lard Butt Noelle, kitteh extraordinaire!

littlelauraj

I had a customer at my teller line last week that definitely needed the impossible.  His main account is at a credit union in another town.  Unfortunately, they were robbed last week and as a result, closed the following day (a Friday).  They have another branch, but it closes at 4:00.  My customer came in at 4:30 and wanted to write a check on his account at the credit union, not our bank, to buy a truck.  For $11,000.00.  Yes, he wanted cash.  How much did he have in his account with us?  $1,800.  Uh, no.  Just no.  No I cannot give you $11,000 and take your word for it the check is good.  No, I cannot give you a cashier's check.  He was upset, but at least not with me.  I did have to tell him no a few times, though. 

MissRose

ICK!!

Even when mad I am almost completely unable to pass that on to customer service.  Even when I get mad enough to write letters, it is still polite and rational (while I feel bad-*mule*). 

I just wish there was a way when calling certain customer service lines to say 'I know you have to try to sell me stuff, but I won't be buying more services, so can we save both of us time and not?

I remember a few years ago, we had to offer premium support packages that allowed people to call in any time for most issues 24/7 during phone calls.  If you did not pay extra, you got help but the help was minimal for things like how to set up certain aspects of the service.  I am glad they eventually did away with that as customers were not happy being pressured to purchase things.  I understand when buying things like electronics and appliances, the salesperson will say, would you like X plan or Y accessory or Z protection plan but that is something different where some people will make the extra purchase(s), and others may not depending on budget or other factors.