News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• September 28, 2016, 05:26:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.  (Read 253599 times)

Giraffe, Esq

Re: Don't eat the meatballs! AKA: Stupid stuff you've done.
« Reply #1230 on: June 26, 2016, 10:52:51 AM »
I went to a specific restaurant just because I have a coupon; that was the only reason I went. When I was on my way back to the car, I realized I forgot to give them the coupon. ::)

Ouch!  I've done that more times than I can count -- I'm shopping here because of a coupon...forgot to give it to you.  I'm buying this product because of a coupon...forgot to give it to you.   I'm getting this particular dish at a restaurant because of a coupon...forgot to give it to you.   ::) at self.

Slight threadjack; a few years ago someone I knew had been awarded the MBE ( an honour in the U.K. for outstanding service to their local community) and typically it is awarded at a ceremony at Buckingham Palace by the Queen or a senior member of the Royal family.  So pretty formal.  He wore a morning suit - tailcoat, waistcoat, striped trousers and top hat - and his wife was attired as if attending a very posh wedding.  His aunt and uncle also went along, again dressed very formally.  He was telling me that they had stopped at a 'Little Chef' on the way home for a coffee; I expressed surprise that they'd gone into a fast food place in all their finery.  'Well' he said, 'I had a coupon. ..'

ROTFL!  My kind of guy! 

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #1231 on: July 27, 2016, 09:12:11 AM »
I picked two jalapeņo peppers out of my little aquaponics setup yesterday! I'm ridiculously proud of them, because those little plants were bought late in the season, root bound when I got them, never grew, and still managed to flower, fruit, and finally ripen a pepper each in the depths of winter. So, I wanted to save seeds and see if I could reward their perseverance by growing their offspring.

DH used part of one pepper tonight, so I got the seeds and set them out to dry. I washed my hands! I swear I did! But apparently not well enough, because some time later I felt tired... and rubbed my eyes. Both of them.

I have psoriatic arthritis, which causes severe dry eye. So even though my eyes felt like they were being stabbed, burned, and sandpapered all at once, they didn't water enough to do anything about it. And if I tried to open them, it got worse.

I did find out, however, that in an emergency I am capable of getting from my study to the kitchen, finding the milk and paper towels, washing my eyes, then finding my eye drops and flushing everything clean when the milk wasn't enough, all without opening my eyes for more than a split second at a time! So that's something.  :P
"Set aphasia to stun!"

CocoCamm

• Leader of the 3 ring circus
« Reply #1232 on: July 27, 2016, 12:46:27 PM »
Last night I arrived home from work. Both of my boys were gone. (One at work, the other at a friend's house). The first thing I do when I get home is let the dog out. I look around...no dog. Check my bedroom. No dog. Check boys' room. No dog. I'm calling and calling and calling. Go out on the porch and call. No dog. My dog is an inside only dog. Only goes out to go potty or for a walk on a leash. Now I start to panic. I'm just about to call the boys to see if they know where she could be when out of the corner of my eye a see something move. There she is.....sitting calmly in her kennel looking at me like I've lost my mind. Never occurred to me that one of the boys might have kenneled her before they left.  ::) ::) ::)
I once spent half an hour looking for my black cat, Percy, before I realized he was sitting on the black chair in the living room.  I only noticed him because my calling eventually bothered him enough for him to open his green eyes.  ;D

I frequently misplace my black and white dog when he sleeps on the black chair with a black and white pillow and blanket. You'd think after the first time I'd know to look for him there!

Sirius

• Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #1233 on: August 12, 2016, 11:28:31 PM »
Once we were looking through the whole house trying to find Minnie, our smallest tabby cat.  We found her laying on a wicker bar stool, on top of a brown and black blanket.  She was just laying there watching us look for her, probably wondering why we kept calling her when she was right in front of us.