Author Topic: S/O: House Hunting Horrors!  (Read 97420 times)

Luci

• Super Hero!
Re: S/O: House Hunting Horrors!
« Reply #705 on: October 13, 2013, 09:20:34 AM »

Most can be categorized as lazy or stupid. But the one I cannot wrap my head around is the bathroom with his and her toilets.  ??? What on earth were they thinking?
I would just as soon be blessedly unaware of any and all evidence that my housemates do, in fact, use a toilet. 'Nuff said.  ::)

One advantage of having his and hers toilets would be that he could leave his seat up and not have to listen to her nag him about it.

My dad was one of 9 kids. The outhouse was a 3-holer - two regular and one toddler height. I never wanted to think about that, either.

Green Bean

« Reply #706 on: October 13, 2013, 10:16:49 AM »
I heard this one this week on the radio. The topic was "the strangest thing you ever saw in someone else's home". Of course, the realtor had the best story. The home she was taking clients thru was otherwise normal, but when they walked into the master suite, there it was: 2 beautiful,solid hardwood, intricately hand carved caskets.

Her clients passed on that one.

BarensMom

« Reply #707 on: October 13, 2013, 01:36:44 PM »
I heard this one this week on the radio. The topic was "the strangest thing you ever saw in someone else's home". Of course, the realtor had the best story. The home she was taking clients thru was otherwise normal, but when they walked into the master suite, there it was: 2 beautiful,solid hardwood, intricately hand carved caskets.

2 questions:  Were they there in addition to the bed and were the lids open or closed?

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #708 on: October 13, 2013, 02:14:56 PM »

2 questions:  Were they there in addition to the bed and were the lids open or closed?

And a third question:  Were they occupied?  :-\

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #709 on: October 13, 2013, 04:11:42 PM »

Why? Were they built into the walls or something? Presumably, the current occupants of the house would be taking their caskets with them.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sebastienne

« Reply #710 on: October 13, 2013, 04:20:03 PM »

Why? Were they built into the walls or something? Presumably, the current occupants of the house would be taking their caskets with them.

I read it as viral marketing. You will love this house so much, you will never ever want to leave it.

Creepy, creepy viral marketing.

magicdomino

« Reply #711 on: October 13, 2013, 06:14:20 PM »

The ones that got to me were the ones where there were extension cords coming off power strips coming off multi-taps coming off more power strips.  EEEEEK!

There have been daisy chains almost that bad in my house.  It was built in the 1950's when sound systems were a radio and maybe a record player, and there was only one TV in the house.  No microwave ovens, no computers, no cell phones to charge, no plug-in air fresheners.  You didn't need more than one outlet per wall, or even per room.  Now, whenever a room is built or remodeled, I go a little crazy with outlets.  There is no such thing as too many outlets.  The electrician for the addition did question why I wanted a single outlet and a double outlet in the walk-in closet, so I told him about my friend's master bathroom.  A multi-tap outlet with his electric razor, somebody's electric toothbrush, her curling iron, somebody's hair dryer, and a Glade plug-in.  I can stuff all the rechargeable things in the closet.

Jocelyn

« Reply #712 on: October 13, 2013, 06:27:30 PM »

What the eye has seen, cannot be unseen. I wouldn't want that image popping to mind every time I went into my bedroom.

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #713 on: October 13, 2013, 06:39:47 PM »

What the eye has seen, cannot be unseen. I wouldn't want that image popping to mind every time I went into my bedroom.

It wouldn't bother me. Caskets aren't evil or anything other than another piece of woodworking. As long as they were removed (or I could get rid of them), I would see it just as evidence that the previous inhabitants were a little nutty.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #714 on: October 13, 2013, 09:12:11 PM »
...  I would see it just as evidence that the previous inhabitants were a little nutty.

Or were Scouts and took the "Be prepared" motto very seriously.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #715 on: October 13, 2013, 09:59:48 PM »

It wouldn't bother me. Caskets aren't evil or anything other than another piece of woodworking. As long as they were removed (or I could get rid of them), I would see it just as evidence that the previous inhabitants were a little nutty.

I like the Amish made ones that can be used upright as bookcases until needed for another purpose.

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #717 on: October 14, 2013, 01:05:22 PM »

I like the Amish made ones that can be used upright as bookcases until needed for another purpose.

Now I kind of want one. I would love to be buried in my bookcase. No one needs to know.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #718 on: October 14, 2013, 01:56:25 PM »

Now I kind of want one. I would love to be buried in my bookcase. No one needs to know.

Me, too, the question is how many books can I fit into the bookcase/casket with me?
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

mumma to KMC

« Reply #719 on: October 14, 2013, 04:13:54 PM »
http://terriblerealestateagentphotos.com/image/63014479176

My inlaws "remodeled" their kitchen and back room/entry way area a few years ago. It went through many different phases before they decide to expand the bathroom so that you have to walk through the bathroom to get to the side porch.  I guess it's slightly better than it used to be, where the toilet was right next to the window, the window was pretty much floor to ceiling, and the back porch was right on the other side of the window. Oh, and for some reason, there was never ever a curtain that provided any protection.